free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 32 - Live in Munich, September 29, 1982

KCCC 32 - Live in Munich, September 29, 1982

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby Riverman on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:30 pm

Fred Zappelin wrote:I said I'd never buy [EleKtriK] when it came out(have the DVD), but the price is finally right.

Well geez, if you've got the DVD, why not just extract the audio onto your PC? Costs $0, and there's more material that's not on the official CD.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:38 pm

I wasn't notified when this slipped from Unreliable DGM Pre-Order to Actually Available, so my copy just arrived yesterday.

I only got to listen to patches, as the wife and dog went in and out last night, and I'm in experimental speaker mode, so this is a preliminary assessment.

The sound seems funky (but I am in experimental speaker mode). Seems like there's a lot of little distortions all over the place. I'm a little nervous about really cranking it, and wanting to crank it I am. Still, it's quite listenable.

Second thought:

Best
Thela
Ever
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah, this disc smokes. Sound is a little better on the other two '82 KCCC shows, but still excellent. I didn't know this gig even existed until this was announced, because it's not listed in the back of Sid's book, might be in a newer edition. Wonder if the video will ever be released.
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: KCCC 32 - Live in Munich, September 29, 1982

Postby Fred Zappelin on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 am

Just found some clips from this gig. Awesome!

Neal & Jack & Me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyrm6_fAjcs

The Sheltering Sky http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReTQY3YIhDc
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Previous

Return to KCCC