free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - If now is not the time, when IS?

If now is not the time, when IS?

What's an alumni? Is that what silver foil is made of? No, you buffoon - this is where you post about ex-members of the band.

If now is not the time, when IS?

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Okay. Let's look at what has been going on. We just lost Jimmy Carl Black and Mitch Mitchell. Let's face it: These guys are getting old!

Fripp can't get 2008 King Crimson happening. It seems Ade is not into it. Tony has better things to do. So does Pat. Gavin has Porcupine Tree.

Greg Lake is doing nothing. Ian McDonald is doing nothing. Michael Rex Giles is doing nothing. Fripp is doing next to nothing.
We will probably never see 21st Century Schizoid Band again.

If The Nice did it, why can't King Crimson? If Cream did it, why can't King Crimson? If Pink Floyd did it why can't King Crimson? If Led Zeppelin did it (as much as possible) why can't King Crimson?

If now is not the time when is? Come on Fripp! Make those calls, call a meeting, rent the rehearsal room and get it going again! Now is the time! The world is waiting! McDonald and Giles please do it for "tomorrow's people" who are now grown and waiting!

Does not have to be a full world tour. Just about 10 gigs to start with to see how it goes. Then maybe some U.S. shows. Don't even think about an album right now. But just imagine the new music these guys could make in 2008-09!
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: If now is not the time, when IS?

Postby jtmack on Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:47 am

GF wrote:If The Nice did it, why can't King Crimson? If Cream did it, why can't King Crimson? If Pink Floyd did it why can't King Crimson? If Led Zeppelin did it (as much as possible) why can't King Crimson?

One word Fripp

It would be wonderful if they (KC) cut some new tunes. The oldies tour is better than nothing but it's not the forward looking Crimson I know and love... I wish Fripp would give Ade the word and start writing... If it was as easy as that it would probably have happened by now.....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:55 am

yea, I've always thought, Fripp is the main problem with this band. He's also, the only reason FOR the band. Now at least...
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby nisimoto on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:26 am

It's the god given chance to put an end to the tribute band.
Fripp should take this chance to do the real crimson with much younger players.
nisimoto
ProjeKction Sensei

Postby MarkSullivan on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:56 pm

nisimoto wrote:It's the god given chance to put an end to the tribute band.
Fripp should take this chance to do the real crimson with much younger players.

Ooh, cool idea! He could run KC like Art Blakey ran the Jazz Messengers: keep rotating in fresh young blood. I can't see that happening, of course. Barring Fripp having a sudden blast of inspiration... I also think that the 21st Century Schizoid Band and side projects like BLUE have demonstrated that there's plenty of good Crimson-like music to be made without Fripp's involvement.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:34 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:
nisimoto wrote:the 21st Century Schizoid Band and side projects like BLUE have demonstrated that there's plenty of good Crimson-like music to be made without Fripp's involvement.

especially if it involves a certain Finnish accordionist.
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:08 am

MarkSullivan wrote:keep rotating in fresh young blood. I can't see that happening, of course.

But the Belew trio is a damn good next best thing....
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Alumni