free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Hot tickles (Continued)

Hot tickles (Continued)

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby Hans on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:15 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:
Krimzep wrote:as soon as I saw the title I thought of Led Zeppelin in Osaka of which I have all their performances from the japan tour of 71.

Why would anyone collect Led Zeppelin concert recordings??? Christ, they were bad enough in the stuidio. Pump 'em full of drugs and drink, ferry them in a limo to a concert hall, that's a recipe for a headache...

Oh dear, TCA is on a bitchin' mode. Nothing that a healthy dose of Wetton can't cure! :wink:
Hans

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:27 pm

Hans wrote:
Krimzep wrote:as soon as I saw the title I thought of Led Zeppelin in Osaka of which I have all their performances from the japan tour of 71.

Why would anyone collect Led Zeppelin concert recordings??? Christ, they were bad enough in the stuidio. Pump 'em full of drugs and drink, ferry them in a limo to a concert hall, that's a recipe for a headache...

Oh dear, TCA is on a bitchin' mode. Nothing that a healthy dose of Wetton can't cure! :wink:

Zeppelin sucks so much that I suspect that their bassist was actually Wetton. JPJ can actually rock...
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Indyrod on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:00 pm

oh man, you are so fucked up when it comes to music. Zeppelin is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands ever, and all you have to do is listen or watch their recent HUGE double disc live DVD release, and the amazing "How the West was Won" 3 cd release, from the 1972 California concerts.

As Amazon wrote.. "
Exclamations of religious awe are in order. Legendary and long sought-after, this live Led Zeppelin collection is nothing less than the rock music equivalent of the Holy Grail. Quite simply, this is what all the fuss was about. "
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:07 pm

Indyrod wrote:

oh man, you are so fucked up when it comes to music. Zeppelin is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands ever, and all you have to do is listen or watch their recent HUGE double disc live DVD release, and the amazing "How the West was Won" 3 cd release, from the 1972 California concerts.

whatever...

When I was fifteen and didn't know shit about music, I thought Zep was cool. I grew up. I went to college. I learned about music. I guess word hasn't reached wIndiana yet. Hell, y'all are still listening to Queen. Watch for the stagecoach. Help is on the way.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Riverman on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:07 pm

I can't speak of any live Zep, but the studio stuff is bland & unimaginative enough that I can't justify spending any precious time on further listening. They made the Who look like geniuses. Maybe if they'd had a real singer, things might have been different....

Save your money. Either of Jonesy's solo albums rocks harder than the whole LZ catalogue.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:14 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:I learned about music.

And that's the difference between the music you like and the music you think you should like. :P

Heck, I still listen to Queen - the early albums are up there with The Beatles when it comes to using the studio. Never been a fan of Led Zep though - never liked the way they totally plundered the Blues for their material. Only ever liked two of their tracks...

And The Who piss all over Zep. John Entwhistle was the master of the rock bass. Without him, the instrument wouldn't be what it is today.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:18 pm

Riverman wrote:I can't speak of any live Zep, but the studio stuff is bland & unimaginative enough that I can't justify spending any precious time on further listening. They made the Who look like geniuses. Maybe if they'd had a real singer, things might have been different....

Save your money. Either of Jonesy's solo albums rocks harder than the whole LZ catalogue.

amazing!!!
The Zeppelin catlog is still selling strong almost 40 years later and you're gonna tell people to save their money.

Oh well some people just dont get it.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:29 pm

Maybe Laz can settle this.

Laz,
Darren didn't unban you for nothing. Tell us is Led Zeppelin is good or not.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Krimzep on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:47 pm

vrooom wrote:
The Crimson Avenger wrote:I learned about music.

And that's the difference between the music you like and the music you think you should like. :P

Heck, I still listen to Queen - the early albums are up there with The Beatles when it comes to using the studio. Never been a fan of Led Zep though - never liked the way they totally plundered the Blues for their material. Only ever liked two of their tracks...

And The Who piss all over Zep. John Entwhistle was the master of the rock bass. Without him, the instrument wouldn't be what it is today.

Darren

yeah :lol: like they were the only band to ahem "plunder the blues for material" I can think of plenty of guitarists and bands that have done that .

give it a rest , I could debte the many merits and qualifications of all the members of Zeppelin but I wont bother :cry: . I'm not in the mood for a fight :wink:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Krimzep wrote:give it a rest , I could debte the many merits and qualifications of all the members of Zeppelin but I wont bother :cry: . I'm not in the mood for a fight :wink:

Besides, you wouldn't want to be on the same side of a musical debate as wIndy.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads