free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

Which guys from crimson have you ever talked to?

This is where you get your chance to make your feelings known in our ProjeKction Polls. Feel free to create a Poll on any subject you choose.

Postby evktalo on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:47 pm

TheCrimsonChin wrote:Instead I just shook his hand and thanked him for putting on a great show.

Scott, your posts often have an emotional resonance I can connect to. Thanks for this one.

Do you think it was for the better?

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:53 pm

I'm not sure. Sometimes I think I should have tried to "make that connection", but it seems pretty unlikely that the moment could have been anything more than akward.[/list]
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby drdennis on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:26 pm

I've spoken with Robert during Guitar Craft training and
meals, but it was largely having to do with GC practice
or the odd joke or two. Never anything too personal,
although we did share the waiting room for an accupuncturist.
Not a pointed conversation, nonetheless.

Met Adrian and Trey at the afterparty for PTB tour
at the Marquee hotel in New York. Swanky party not
attended by Fripp. Fun conversation over drinks.
Adrian liked talking about his paintings and psychology.
He asked me what was wrong with him. I told him,
in a word, nothing.
drdennis
ProjeKction Champion

Postby The Crimson Fox on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:13 am

I spoke to Robert Fripp at Virgin Megastore in Manchester November 1996.

I asked for his autograph before a soundscape performance...

He was none too pleased I can tell thee...

From the mouths of babes...

Frippery
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Owen on Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:03 am

Whilst we're talking close encounters...

I stood at a urinal next to John Farnham once. Unfortunately I didn't realise it was him until after I'd finished, otherwise I would have pissed on his shoes.

No KC connection whatsoever, but it's such a good story...

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Bryan Meyers on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:18 am

Bill B and Tlev at Blue show in chicago.

Tlev at Tlev Band show in Indianapolis and earlier that day at ameet and greet at guitar center. that was the best because, there weren't that many people and there wasn't the stess of a show going on. An absolute gentleman. he share some stories of the innerworkings of KC.

Tlev and P@ at a CGT show in Indianapolis. P@ seemed very happy that someone cared about the cancelled TU shows. I use a boss sp505 in my drum setup(same as P@). I've emailed him about 4 times on his guessbook with questions about it and he has been very helpful. Much more than I would expect. Very cool.
Bryan Meyers

Postby Riverman on Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:43 pm

Hey there, welcome to the domain. Thanks for sharing; I got the same impression of Pat myself.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:06 pm

Bryan Meyers wrote:Tlev at Tlev Band show in Indianapolis and earlier that day at ameet and greet at guitar center. that was the best because, there weren't that many people and there wasn't the stess of a show going on. An absolute gentleman. he share some stories of the innerworkings of KC.

Tlev and P@ at a CGT show in Indianapolis. P@ seemed very happy that someone cared about the cancelled TU shows. I use a boss sp505 in my drum setup(same as P@). I've emailed him about 4 times on his guessbook with questions about it and he has been very helpful. Much more than I would expect. Very cool.

You talking about the TLev Band show at the Patio? I was there too, as well as the CGT+2. Didn't stay around to talk to them though, I probably should have. Nice to see another Hoosier on board, welcome. :D
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby IGS on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:45 am

I spoke briefly with Bill Bruford after an Earthworks show in San Diego in 2003. I told him I was a big fan of all of his music and he joked, "but you are so young!" (I was 18 at the time). My younger sister was with me that night and she was huddled up in a blanket because of a chill wind that was blowing off of the bay. Bill laughed and asked her if she was cold, and he happily "Defaced our CDs with a signature" as he put it. He's really a nice guy.
IGS
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby TheCrimsonChin on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:03 pm

I spoke with Adrian Belew on the phone a couple times. When I proposed the contest I hosted over at that Other site, he called me to discuss it. Needless to say I was thrilled and tried my best not to sound like a deranged fan-boy. I don't really remember a lot that was said, but we chatted for about 10 minutes.

He also called me when he had selected a winner. He didn't want to post anything on his blog until he had notified me and allowed me time to post something on my site.

After the AB trio played in Annapolis in June, I hung around after the show and got to meet Adrian in person (along with anyone else that wanted to). He signed a picture for me and showed me that the back stage passes they used on the tour featured my Dust picture. That was another thrill although I stupidly forgot to ask him for one as a souvenir.
If I had something important to say, why would I put it all the way down here?
TheCrimsonChin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Polls