free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Anyone Up For More KC Interviews?

Anyone Up For More KC Interviews?

This is where writer Bill Murphy posts his interviews with the Crims, and other prog luminaries. It's a book in serial form -- that you become part of!

Moderator: LTinAspic

Anyone Up For More KC Interviews?

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:39 am

Dog_none wrote:
vrooom wrote:But we won't hear any more from him, methinks... :?

Methinks you're right. Bill has way too much class for this place.

Nah. I think I'm just about right for this place.

I'm deeply sorry, folks! :oops:

Last year was a bitch for us. We bit off more than we could chew with transcriptions. I am the official band interviewer for ProgPower USA. So, every year from about March through July I prepare, conduct, and edit interviews. Elisabeth is the fleet-fingered trooper who transcribes them for me.

Last year, around late March/early April, I connected with Miami Vice actor Philip Michael Thomas (Tubbs on the iconic 1980s TV show). I was working on his official web site from April through early June. Then, he decided he'd like my help writing his autobiography. So we switched gears. From June through mid-August, I conducted interviews with people from his past -- lots of really cool people. Then, without warning, at the end of August, he dropped all projects with me...leaving me holding the bag. I have no idea what happened. He hasn't communicated with me since. Oh well. Hollywood types.

Last fall, Elisabeth started working hideous hours at work, PLUS working on her MBA degree, AND doing an occasional transcription for me. I started my second screenplay and picked up some work with the Hungarian progressive metal band Everwood. And the indie prog/power metal label Nightmare Records.

This year, we've vowed to return to posting more of my interviews on ProjeKction, which is still the KC site of choice for all my interviews.

That's a promise. We're working on Mike Giles and Ian McDonald at the moment. I have dozens of hours of interviews with Ian. After that, I may publish Pete Sinfield. Or Richard Palmer-James.

There's more to come, people. I swear. Mr. Fripp didn't get to me. I didn't change my mind about this fine site. Truth be told, life got to me in 2007. A few kicks in the nuts later, I'm now ready to rock with my KC interviews.

Stay tuned.

Bill
--
"You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Dog_none on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:00 am

We'll give you a pass this time, Bill. It sounds like you had a pretty good 2007. Hopefully you're in for a good 2008 as well!
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby vrooom on Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:26 am

Don't hassle, Bill. He's a busy guy. We are lucky he made the effort in the first place.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby evktalo on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:37 am

Yeah Bill, no sweat. I'm grateful for what we've had so far, thank you and Elisabeth! I'll be happy for any forthcoming transcripts for sure!

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby jtmack on Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:51 pm

I would love to read more! Bill, thank you for all that you've done for us so far. I hope you get a chance to finish your book with Philip Michael Thomas. I'm glad to hear you had a busy year last year doing your thing...:D
~Jt
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 pm

jtmack wrote:I would love to read more! Bill, thank you for all that you've done for us so far. I hope you get a chance to finish your book with Philip Michael Thomas. I'm glad to hear you had a busy year last year doing your thing...:D
~Jt

Ditto. And I hope you got paid for all the work on the book thus far?
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Anyone Up For More KC Interviews?

Postby Indyrod on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:18 am

LTinAspic wrote:Nah. I think I'm just about right for this place.

I'm deeply sorry, folks! :oops:

stay tuned.

Bill

Glad to see your demise was grossly exegerated. Can't wait to read your new interviews. Your presence alone and unique interviews bring to this KC site something, that no other web site does. We can't express any higher your relative importance and historical relevance to King Crimson any higher. This is the place to carry the legend in 2008 and the future, and in case your interested, the past.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Gilesfan on Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:37 am

Welcome back Bill! :D Always up for more interviews!

Looking real forward to Michael Giles and Ian McDonald. If you have time, could you try to do one with Peter Giles in the future, if you have not already?

On that note and off topic, I really want to know what the future holds for 21st Century Schizoid Band.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:43 am

Gilesfan wrote:what the future holds for 21st Century Schizoid Band.

Not a lot, I should imagine...

Their website is kaput, so no web presence = no band. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Riverman on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:47 pm

vrooom wrote:Their website is kaput, so no web presence = no band. Of course, I could be completely wrong.

I guess it all depends on whether Bruford would want to join. Somehow I doubt it.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Bill Murphy's King Crimson Interviews