free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - I apologize...and there's much more to come!

I apologize...and there's much more to come!

This is where writer Bill Murphy posts his interviews with the Crims, and other prog luminaries. It's a book in serial form -- that you become part of!

Moderator: LTinAspic

I apologize...and there's much more to come!

Postby LTinAspic on Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:46 pm

Greetings,

I had originally planned to post ALL of Jamie Muir and ALL of David Cross by now. But I got swamped at work and with all the stress I couldn't bring myself to listen to tapes and transcribe anything.

Robert's magical March 4th gig (and my subsequent e-mails with him) helped me shake off the cobwebs and get back to it.

So I'll have the rest of Jamie up by this weekend with David Cross following very soon thereafter. Then what? Ian McDonald? Another Bruford? Mel Collins? Mike Giles? Greg Lake? Leslie Bradley? Tony Arnold (who has some hilarious anecdotes about working with Robert)? Mike Pinder? Vic and Dik? Let me know.

In the meantime, please accept my apology for not posting anything for the past month. If anyone out there is still interested, I'll have more for you to read very soon.

Cheers,

Bill

P.S. Sadly, it appears King Crimson is dead for now. I get the impression Robert has moved on and is pursuing new and (to him) more exciting musical opportunities.
--
"You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Dog_none on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:17 am

Still interested? You have to be joking.

Personally, I don't care what order you post them in. I'd love to read your notes from your discussion with Ian McDonald about "In The Court of the Crimson King", but I'd be more than happy with whatever you want to post.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:56 am

Wow, I was just wondering when you were gonna come back earlier today! Glad to hear you'll be posting more interviews, Bill!

I would love to hear what Ian McDonald had to say about ITOTCK, as well, but whatever interview you choose next is fine with me!
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Gilesfan on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:37 am

Welcome back! :D

Any order you like.

I personally am looking forward to seeing all of the interviews, especially Ian and Mike.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

Postby crimcinnaman on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:06 pm

LTinAspic wrote:P.S. Sadly, it appears King Crimson is dead for now. I get the impression Robert has moved on and is pursuing new and (to him) more exciting musical opportunities.

This always seems to be the BEST time, to me. Only when King Crimson is dead can the beast be reborn again, bigger, better and more adventurously.
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion

Re: The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

Postby Indyrod on Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:20 pm

crimcinnaman wrote:This always seems to be the BEST time, to me. Only when King Crimson is dead can the beast be reborn again, bigger, better and more adventurously.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but to be honest, the clock is running. Faster than you might think.. There is a sense of urgency, whereas not so much in the past. Robert will be sixty years old in May.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Dan Anderson on Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:35 pm

Bill,

Keep a posting! I for one love it. Post them all!

yours,
Dan
Dan Anderson
ProjeKction Fan

Where oh where?

Postby crimcinnaman on Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:40 pm

Bill... you out there buddy?

Maybe RF offered him his $100 dollars back and a free download, not to post here anymore. :twisted:
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:17 pm

Bill?

You there?
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to Bill Murphy's King Crimson Interviews