free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Bill's Jamie Muir Interview -- Part One

Bill's Jamie Muir Interview -- Part One

This is where writer Bill Murphy posts his interviews with the Crims, and other prog luminaries. It's a book in serial form -- that you become part of!

Moderator: LTinAspic

Postby MarkSullivan on Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:24 am

Indyrod wrote:
MarkSullivan wrote:Bill PMed me about that...for some reason he was allowed to Edit my message.

Bill is the moderator of his own thread, which he should be. Editing all posts, comes with being a moderator.

Thought it might be something like that. Thanks for the intel!
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby evktalo on Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:16 pm

LTinAspic wrote:I almost didn't leave the part in where I called him to set up the interview for Saturday. But it was such a funny little exchange that I thought I'd leave it there.

That was a great bit! Glad you left it in.

Great work!

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby Owen on Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:57 am

Did Bill interview Britney too?
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am

Owen wrote:Did Bill interview Britney too?

Not as far as I know.

Maybe he should! :lol:
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:04 am

Good to see the admin are doing their job... ;-)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Dog_none on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:56 am

You guys must be smoking some good shit...
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Riverman on Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Gilesfan wrote:

Not as far as I know.

Now there's a thought.

BM: I noticed a big change in attitude and writing between your first album and your second, and especially the latest. Was it dealing with all the sudden fame that prodded you in the first place, or maybe all the real-world experience of touring that helped bring that out?

BS: Oh yes, definitely. All that stuff was an eye-opener. I mean, I'm almost embarrassed to look at the first one I did now, it's dreadful. High-school age stuff. You know, at that age the thing was just to have something to dance to, play on the radio, that kind of thing. But now, at the ripe age of 26--

BM: [laughs]

BS: [laugh] I feel like I can't just keep doing that forever, you know. Otherwise it becomes the Tom Jones thing, singing the same stuff every night. I need to keep growing as an artist, trying new things, or at least putting a new spin on things...

BM: Like the Stones song, for instance? I remember a lot of people weren't happy with that...

BS: Oh yeah. That was a challenge. I mean, some things seem risky no matter what, like doing something so well-known and well-loved. But I think we rose to the challenge. What I really wanted was to present it in a way nobody had before and really bring out the song my own way, with my own voice as an artist. It was an interesting goal and I think we really pulled it off in a creative way.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby LTinAspic on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:20 pm

Riverman wrote:
Gilesfan wrote:

Not as far as I know.

Now there's a thought.

BM: I noticed a big change in attitude and writing between your first album and your second, and especially the latest. Was it dealing with all the sudden fame that prodded you in the first place, or maybe all the real-world experience of touring that helped bring that out?

BS: Oh yes, definitely. All that stuff was an eye-opener. I mean, I'm almost embarrassed to look at the first one I did now, it's dreadful. High-school age stuff. You know, at that age the thing was just to have something to dance to, play on the radio, that kind of thing. But now, at the ripe age of 26--

BM: [laughs]

BS: [laugh] I feel like I can't just keep doing that forever, you know. Otherwise it becomes the Tom Jones thing, singing the same stuff every night. I need to keep growing as an artist, trying new things, or at least putting a new spin on things...

BM: Like the Stones song, for instance? I remember a lot of people weren't happy with that...

BS: Oh yeah. That was a challenge. I mean, some things seem risky no matter what, like doing something so well-known and well-loved. But I think we rose to the challenge. What I really wanted was to present it in a way nobody had before and really bring out the song my own way, with my own voice as an artist. It was an interesting goal and I think we really pulled it off in a creative way.

You guys are hilarious.

I just happen to have an interview with Britney. Given her recent panty-less escapades, I'll bet you'd love to read it, too.

Nope. This one I take to my grave...
--
"You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Dog_none on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm

LTinAspic wrote:I just happen to have an interview with Britney. Given her recent panty-less escapades, I'll bet you'd love to read it, too.

Nope. This one I take to my grave...

Aww, Bill. No one here would think any less of you if turned out to be moonlighting as a correspondent for "Seventeen" magazine. It's probably a decent paying gig.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Previous

Return to Bill Murphy's King Crimson Interviews