free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Bill's Bill Bruford Interview, Part One

Bill's Bill Bruford Interview, Part One

This is where writer Bill Murphy posts his interviews with the Crims, and other prog luminaries. It's a book in serial form -- that you become part of!

Moderator: LTinAspic

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:37 pm

vrooom wrote:I don't care much for the expression "hear otherwise". How deathly dull...

Darren

LOL. Once again the King of ProjeKction weighs in with a witty comment and makes me laugh.

Thanks, Darren!

Cheers,

Bill
--
"You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Jamie coming soon!

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:41 pm

Gilesfan wrote:We want Jamie! :D

Next interview maybe?

Actually, I am seriously considering Jamie. I spent over an hour with Jamie on July 17, 1993, and was fascinated by his anecdotes and sense of humor. I'm listening to my interview again. I'll post Jamie (or, perhaps, Leslie Bradley) soon.

Bill
--
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Re: almost no "Earthworks live" nowadays

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:45 pm

mGoral wrote:Thank you, Bill ( the interviewer ), you seem to have a quality to bring out something real out of the guys you are talking to.

And it is special that the talking is presented as it was ... no polishing, editing or making up something..

Thank you. Journalism and feature story writing was how I broke into the professional world. I started as a journalist with a few newspapers. I've always thought I had a knack for putting people at ease and just letting them speak. I think it has to do with <i>listening</i> well, a gift that has served me nicely in my years in advertising and marketing.

Bill
--
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby vrooom on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:06 pm

LTinAspic wrote:LOL. Once again the King of ProjeKction weighs in with a witty comment and makes me laugh.

I'm just the wise Fool, here to make merry with my bladder on a stick. Tra-la-la-la-la...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:08 pm

Gilesfan wrote:
LTinAspic wrote:
You're absolutely right, though. I don't intend to write anything libelous. And anything I did write that I even suspected was questionable I'd run by Robert to get his commentary beforehand.

This shows how intelligent you are Bill. And professional..

Thank you. I appreciate the compliment.

Gilesfan wrote:
LTinAspic wrote:
In fact, I sent him an e-mail the other day asking him to comment on the posting of my interviews. The last thing I want to do is upset Robert. I greatly respect the man and his musical talent. So I'd like to head off any problems before they even start.

More professionalism. This also shows your credibilty in the journalism world.

Well, that happens to be one of my pet peeves. I dislike journalists who inject too much of themselves in their stories. Too much of journalism these days is false -- literally. Did you happen to see the recent story about the <i>L.A. Times</i>? They apparently picked up and quoted a false press release and ran a story on their front page without even checking it out first. I really hate that. It gets so you don't know what to believe any more.

But that's another story.

Me? I'd rather just let the Crims speak. They're quite articulate and can reveal their personalities without my help.

Gilesfan wrote:
LTinAspic wrote:
Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon.

Hopefully so. I am sure you will. He seems very good about corresponding about business matters.

True. But I know he's a busy guy. And this is suppposed to be a holiday between Christmas and New Year's. So I doubt he's poised at his computer waiting for an e-mail from Bill Murphy. According to his DGM Live! blog, the man gets hundreds of e-mails every day.

That said, I will say I recived a very nice reply from him just prior to Christmas. Say what you will about Robert Fripp. But I think he's a very cool guy. (Gee whiz. I have to be careful here. I may be sinking into dangerous hero-worship territory a la Sid...)

So, it may take him awhile. And he may not respond at all. If he doesn't, I'll take that as his "permission" to continue posting.

Gilesfan wrote:
LTinAspic wrote:
In the meantime, I'll continue to post my research until I hear otherwise.

Just keep posting. And please do it as much as possible in case you "hear otherwise". :wink:

I intend to.

Gilesfan wrote:
LTinAspic wrote:
Thanks for your comments and your concerns.

You are welcome. Thank you!

I appreciate your comments, Gilesfan!

Bill
--
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby scorched earth on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:45 am

LTinAspic wrote: (Gee whiz. I have to be careful here. I may be sinking into dangerous hero-worship territory a la Sid...)

(Ignoring the Sid reference since they all come with an honorary invisible winking emoticon.) Don't worry about the "hero-worship". Even Darren had to admit that at a fansite it's entirely appropriate to share a fan's enthusiasm, but I suppose it helps to wield the pointed stick from time to time, lol.

BTW whatever you do don't send your interviews in an email to DGM:

By posting any notes, message/billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material to the Forums, or Emailing them to us, you automatically grant to DGM a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, display and otherwise exploit such material, including, but not limited to, all rights in copyright to such material and all elements thereof alone or as part of other works, throughout the universe, in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to sublicense such rights through multiple tiers of sublicenses, all without any obligation to you, whether by way of compensation, attribution or otherwise.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:11 am

To be an enthusiast is one thing, but to blindly hero-worship is another. I'll have none of that here. Remember folks, the only good hero is a dead one...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Previous

Return to Bill Murphy's King Crimson Interviews