free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Bill's Bill Bruford Interview, Part One

Bill's Bill Bruford Interview, Part One

This is where writer Bill Murphy posts his interviews with the Crims, and other prog luminaries. It's a book in serial form -- that you become part of!

Moderator: LTinAspic

almost no "Earthworks live" nowadays

Postby MondayTuesday on Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:58 am

Thank you, Bill ( the interviewer ), you seem to have a quality to bring out something real out of the guys you are talking to.

And it is special that the talking is presented as it was ... no polishing, editing or making up something.

Bill ( the drummer ) has not changed much I would guess. I still have fond memories of an Earthworks gig at Dornbirn in Vorarlberg three or four years ago.

In the meantime the economics seem to dictate that it is a rare event to experience 'Earthworks live' ... unfortunately.
MondayTuesday
ProjeKction Fan

thanks

Postby Krimzep on Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:54 pm

Thank you sir for a great read!
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby starless on Mon Dec 26, 2005 2:48 pm

Fantastic stuff, thanks thanks! Please find a publisher and print all these interviews as a proper book.

Dario
starless
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Gilesfan on Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:57 am

starless wrote:Fantastic stuff, thanks thanks! Please find a publisher and print all these interviews as a proper book.

Great idea! He may have to ask for Fripp and DGM's permission though! :lol:
Last edited by Gilesfan on Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:14 am

Due to the litigious nature of RF and DGM, I would recommend that if Bill ever did decide to publish that he get some legal folks to give it the once over to check for any possible libels. Other than that, he doesn't need anyone's permission as I presume he got that when he conducted the interviews.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:08 am

He lives in the US and it's very difficult for public figures here to prevail in a lawsuit concerning anything written about their public life; they would have to prove Bill knew a statement was false and published it with the intent to harm them. Of course it's a good idea and publishers probably would consult a lawyer. But if you're talking about a book of KC interviews, it would probably have to be self-published and the lawyer's fees would make a significant dent in any profits. Just make sure nothing negative is said about any non public-figures or about the private life of public figures and forget the lawyer.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby LTinAspic on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:35 am

scorched earth wrote:He lives in the US and it's very difficult for public figures here to prevail in a lawsuit concerning anything written about their public life; they would have to prove Bill knew a statement was false and published it with the intent to harm them. Of course it's a good idea and publishers probably would consult a lawyer. But if you're talking about a book of KC interviews, it would probably have to be self-published and the lawyer's fees would make a significant dent in any profits. Just make sure nothing negative is said about any non public-figures or about the private life of public figures and forget the lawyer.

You guys are scaring me. :)

You're absolutely right, though. I don't intend to write anything libelous. And anything I did write that I even suspected was questionable I'd run by Robert to get his commentary beforehand.

In fact, I sent him an e-mail the other day asking him to comment on the posting of my interviews. The last thing I want to do is upset Robert. I greatly respect the man and his musical talent. So I'd like to head off any problems before they even start.

Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon.

In the meantime, I'll continue to post my research until I hear otherwise.

Thanks for your comments and your concerns.

Cheers,

Bill
--
"You make my life and times
A book of bluesy Saturdays
And I have to choose..."
LTinAspic
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:22 am

LTinAspic wrote:
You guys are scaring me. :).

I would not take all this too seriously. :)

LTinAspic wrote:
You're absolutely right, though. I don't intend to write anything libelous. And anything I did write that I even suspected was questionable I'd run by Robert to get his commentary beforehand.

This shows how intelligent you are Bill. And professional.

LTinAspic wrote:
In fact, I sent him an e-mail the other day asking him to comment on the posting of my interviews. The last thing I want to do is upset Robert. I greatly respect the man and his musical talent. So I'd like to head off any problems before they even start.

More professionalism. This also shows your credibilty in the journalism world.

LTinAspic wrote:
Hopefully, I'll hear from him soon.

Hopefully so. I am sure you will. He seems very good about corresponding about business matters.

LTinAspic wrote:
In the meantime, I'll continue to post my research until I hear otherwise.

Just keep posting. And please do it as much as possible in case you "hear otherwise". :wink:

LTinAspic wrote:
Thanks for your comments and your concerns.

You are welcome. Thank you!
Last edited by Gilesfan on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Gilesfan on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 am

We want Jamie! :D

Next interview maybe?
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:25 am

I don't care much for the expression "hear otherwise". How deathly dull...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Bill Murphy's King Crimson Interviews