free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Re: Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Postby RYG on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:33 pm

At least we now know (per RF's latest batch of diary entries (June 12 & 13, I believe)) that the 2004 activities was KC7 (this is the one that Mel Collins was involved with) where they did all of the "Forms" pieces 1-37.

It looks like we'll be seeing a new "Tourbox" coming our way again. They're including some of the KC7 and a new mix of "21st Cent. Schizoid".
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby Indyrod on Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:34 pm

Oh boy, another version of Schizoid Man, just what I've been wanting. :?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:23 pm

If any of you are going to a 2008 show, would someone pick me up a Tourbox, please?
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:45 pm

vrooom wrote:If any of you are going to a 2008 show, would someone pick me up a Tourbox, please?

Now that things are getting on track (passport issued and visa scheduled) I think I can take the responsability of getting it for you... :wink:
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Not 1, not 2 but 3 short tracks from the vault!!
Mister Stormy's Monday Selection
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Jun 30, 2008

Cop yer listening gear around today's short but sweet selection courtesy of your favourite engineer.

Fred
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:03 am

Pat's Garage Mix
http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=13&show=1236
Notes
This ton of fun hails from 2002 and the sessions for the recording of The Power To Believe. Here we have the major themes from that album expertly poured into Mister Mastelotto’s blender and served up against a shuffling beatbox groove – a kind of singalongapopcrim if you will. Spool forward to several years later and Pat is on tour with the California Guitar Trio and Tony Levin, sitting in a café listening to the track that we’d sent him for verification. “Sounds super stomping to me” said Pat when he listened to it over the din of his fellow diners. We take to mean he likes it and we do to!

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Today Mister Stormy's roving ear alights upon 1992 and the build-up to the recording of Sylvian & Fripp's The First Day. http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=14&show=1333&member=&entry=

Notes
During most of 1992 Robert Fripp was dividing his live work between an ongoing project with David Sylvian and Trey Gunn and the Robert Fripp String Quintet. After the RFSQ completed their live dates in Japan in November, Fripp and Gunn began work on the pre-production and rehearsals for what would become The First Day album the following month. On these snippets of level checks and rehearsals at Applehead Studios in Woodstock, New York, we hear Trey and Robert working on a couple of ideas. The first offers a different emphasis on the high cyclical motif from the track Sunday All Over The World (later recycled in The Moving Force as performed by the LoCG) whilst the second investigates the bass end of the same piece. The third and final is a romantic little beauty for sure – small but perfectly formed.

Tracks
Disc Number 1
1. Fives And Sixes DOWNLOAD 0.24
2. Thank You DOWNLOAD 0.43
3. A To F Sharp Minor DOWNLOAD 0.41

Personnel
Robert Fripp
Trey Gunn

And while we are on the subject of The First Day i like to mention that that canadian guy who went on tour with Sylvian and Fripp also has a sort of "Stormy Monday Selection" The try to post every week a free download. So if your interested head to this page: http://michaelbrookmusic.com/category/downloads/ and you can download a little track called Obligato

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:29 pm

Thanks for the Michael Brook link, Fred. I love his stuff, and didn't know he was doing this. Is this the first one? I'll be downloading the Mr. Stormy selections tonight. I expect them to be interesting, but are they getting shorter all the time, or is that just my imagination?
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:Thanks for the Michael Brook link, Fred. I love his stuff, and didn't know he was doing this. Is this the first one?

This is the first real "unreleased" download. At the time i subscribed to his news letter i got a free download but that was a track from the All Gore movie. A few weeks ago he had the track Ana
featuring a wide stereo image of overlapping guitars with evolving guitar riffs, over a layer of subtle pad
but you couldn't download that one.
It's nice to see he is a bit more active at his site......hoping to order the Penumbra album next week :mrgreen:

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:38 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:I expect them to be interesting, but are they getting shorter all the time, or is that just my imagination?

No, I had the same reaction too. But hey, it's the perfect time of year for all things Sylvian, so I'm glad I haven't been the only one on this wavelength of late.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads