free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Mr. Stormy's Monday Selections

Postby evktalo on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:21 pm

Latest Monday Selection is off a rehearsal tape from 1971. The Boz/Ian/Mel/Bob band is playing Drop In before it was impaled by nails of ice.

I own neither Epitaph nor Islands, so can't compare to the '69 version or Letters. I've heard both though and I think it sounds more like Letters than Drop In. (I know, it's the same song..) The mix is naturally (it's a casette tape) quite imbalanced, with plenty of bass guitar in the forefront.

Here's the link:
http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?&show=1204

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby vrooom on Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Great stuff. Nice and loose. You can see why they rejiggered it. It sounds like Wallace is playing biscuit tins with a knife and fork, while Collins puts down the sax and plays an amazing "air being let out of a squeeky balloon" solo. But yeah, fun. I like these selections much better than the so-called "Hot Tickles". Bloody hell, I almost complimented DGM...

Fuck, shit, bollocks...

(Not in front of the children, vicar)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:48 pm

There's a new one up from Lizard sessions.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:04 pm

RYG wrote:There's a new one up from Lizard sessions.

Yup, listened to this on headphones while feeding Verity. Fascinating stuff... I love all this peeking under the bonnet stuff.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:02 am

vrooom wrote:
RYG wrote:There's a new one up from Lizard sessions.

Yup, listened to this on headphones while feeding Verity. Fascinating stuff... I love all this peeking under the bonnet stuff.

Darren

Yeah, I thought this was interesting enough to listen to twice. But I didn't bother transferring it to my iPod; can't see listening to it for pleasure. Same with the Exposure outtakes. But this week's Thrak improv was fun. I'd probably listen to it again. I guess I prefer a full performance--in some ways, rougher is better--to background sketches.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:29 am

I'm the complete opposite. This week's THRAK out-take was not something I ever want to revisit. I did try and post a comment on the DGM Live! forum but I think I am still banned there (funny that they'll still take my money for downloads though - ha ha ha). The Exposure outtakes were interesting too - but then I REALLY LIKE Exposure.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Fred on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:09 am

Mister Stormy's Monday Selection

:: Posted by Sid Smith on Mon., Dec 3, 2007

This is an strange one indeed. Should Sparky The Magic Piano's power cable ever get twisted then for Robert Fripp of Dorset, opportunity knocks!

Fred.

Bytheway....anyone noticed the advertice banners at DGM?
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 am

Fred wrote:Bytheway....anyone noticed the advertice banners at DGM?

Yup - very tacky. But I guess they've got to make money, though I doubt banner ads will pull in that much spare moolah for them.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm

vrooom wrote:
Fred wrote:Bytheway....anyone noticed the advertice banners at DGM?

Yup - very tacky. But I guess they've got to make money, though I doubt banner ads will pull in that much spare moolah for them.

Darren

I didn't think it was tacky, although it certainly detracts a bit from the class of the place. But I can't blame them: they've got to make up for deadbeats like me that frequent the site and still haven't bought anything! I think those new Frippertronics tracks may finally get me to part with a little cash, though.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:56 pm

Banner ads are tacky, especially Google Adwords, which often sprays up inappropriate advertising based on the wordage found in the host document. But hey, they need the cash. They should just turn it into a subscription forum like the official Genesis website.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Next

Return to DGM Live! Downloads