free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Projekct 6, East Coast Live

Projekct 6, East Coast Live

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby Riverman on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:54 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:To date, there has been no ProjeKct in which Belew plays guitar.

...except my favorite one.

Alter-ego or not, I say it counts.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:26 pm

vrooom wrote:
scorched earth wrote:Then why do you have to keep constantly repeating the non-news.

It's something to do, I guess... :?

Darren

That was directed at the last person quoted there.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention... :?

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:16 pm

scorched earth wrote:
Krimzep wrote:
vrooom wrote:
vrooom wrote:Musically and melodically, he hasn't really changed in 20 or so years.

That wasn't a criticism, by the way, I was just stating fact.

Darren

I agree totally.

Then why do you have to keep constantly repeating the non-news.

I didn't call you dumb I said your complaint was dumb. Another example of the subtleties you miss. Yes we all know Fripp plays in a relatively limited style, of course most of us like that style, or have moved on. I may not want lots of different versions of the recent Soundscapes because they have the same "songs" repeated, but there are obvious variations between versions of the same things. Judgement of how much one thing is similar to another is a relative thing, and you obviously have little sensitivity or appreciation for the differences. Fine, I'm thankful I can appreciate and be excited by Fripp's ability to make it fresh live after all this time, and it's too bad you can't, but that's no excuse to constantly keep harping on the point here, in particular in trashing Fripp's playing on an album you haven't heard based on what you heard on a bootleg.

you must be brain dead.

please stop posting I cant stop laughing , my sides hurt!!

man it must be great to be a clairvoyant.

I love how you totally misread my posts and then tell me what I'm thinking. you dont know shit!!

calling my opinion a complaint is your doing and if you think my opinion is dumb then I must be dumb in your mind aswell.

here you are telling me that after 27 years of buying and listening to Kc's music in all forms and states that I have no appreciation for the differences and subtleties in their music. you're either brain dead or such a huge fanboy that any opinion that doesnt jibe with your's must be a complaint of some kind.

lets get something straight here

If I wanted to trash Fripps work I would come right out and say it sucks. If you cannot tolerate the fact that there are people out there who will not dote on every note Fripp plays and then not be afraid to tell others what they feel then dont reply to any posts that make you feel your GOD was slighted.

I cant believe you think I dont know whether or not I've heard something before.

I think your problem is that you get mad if people dont love it the way you do so you make assumptions to validate your opinons to yourself.

So did it make you feel better to say that I am insensitive or did it make you a bigger person because you think you can appreciate something you feel I cannot? dont be so insecure .
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:49 pm

Maybe it's just the residual glow from watching Peyton the Loserboy and his supporting cast go down like the cheap Hoosier hookers they are yesterday, but I, for one, am quite enjoying the Hot Tickle.

Viva Fripp! Viva P6!!
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby vrooom on Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:56 pm

I've given the whole gig a couple of listens and while it is no radical departure, it is interesting to hear the drums behind those soundscapes and RF soloing over them. RF solo'd over similar soundscapes during his summer tour, but in this arena he's turned the volume up! :D I wish that AB would realise that sometimes less is more when it comes to percussion and have a little subtlety in his playing, but at least it wasn't as irritating as the P2 material I've heard. Not sure if I'd want to hear too much more of this kind of thing because musically it is pedestrian and neither player is really stretching themselves like they did in older ProjeKcts. If you like the tickle, you'll like the rest of it. It is worth the purchase, despite its relative lack of substance - but in the desert, a glass of water is a banquet to a thirsty man. I very much like the textures and at one point I was sure that I heard the theme from "Exposure" creep in. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:13 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:Maybe it's just the residual glow from watching Peyton the Loserboy and his supporting cast go down like the cheap Hoosier hookers they are yesterday, but I, for one, am quite enjoying the Hot Tickle.

Viva Fripp! Viva P6!!

I like it too
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:41 pm

vrooom wrote:I've given the whole gig a couple of listens and while it is no radical departure, it is interesting to hear the drums behind those soundscapes and RF soloing over them. RF solo'd over similar soundscapes during his summer tour, but in this arena he's turned the volume up! :D I wish that AB would realise that sometimes less is more when it comes to percussion and have a little subtlety in his playing, but at least it wasn't as irritating as the P2 material I've heard. Not sure if I'd want to hear too much more of this kind of thing because musically it is pedestrian and neither player is really stretching themselves like they did in older ProjeKcts. If you like the tickle, you'll like the rest of it. It is worth the purchase, despite its relative lack of substance - but in the desert, a glass of water is a banquet to a thirsty man. I very much like the textures and at one point I was sure that I heard the theme from "Exposure" creep in. :D

Darren

I like the gig too but in order for scortchy to believe it I'll need to right a 500 word essay on why I think its good :D
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby hugarpe on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:17 pm

Krimzep wrote:Fact is Fripp is the most repeditive guitarist I've ever heard.

Yes, I often find him repetitive...

But I think there may be some factors that make him seem to be more repetitive for us than he is. One of them is the fact that we have heard his playing until the weariness. And the problem with recent soundscapes, which represent fripp's current playing tendencies (and I pretty enjoy them), is that there are so damned many of them in DGMlive as to get us tired even without dowloading all of them. Another factor could be that he focuses most of his playing and copmposition in improvisation, and gitarists (and musicians in general) tend to repeat more themselves when imprvising.

After all, IMHO he is in general less repetitive that most of those called 'gitar heroes'. But it's just my point of view.
hugarpe
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby Indyrod on Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:22 pm

I like the minimalist style myself, that's why I like Philip Glass so much. Fripp is at his best on repetitive playing on a classic like "Starless", which makes it my favorite Crimson song. Nothing wrong with playing the same two or three notes on and on, if they are the right two or three notes.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads