free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - DGM: Free show & other news

DGM: Free show & other news

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby hugarpe on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:35 pm

Hans Wrote:
So in other words it sounds like there's a piece missing. The ends are just "glued" together without properly listening to the rhythmics of the piece.

Exactly
hugarpe
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby Krimzep on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:57 pm

hugarpe wrote:Krimzep wrote

I just looked for the bump, IMHO for scortchy Wink to me it sounds like the key board note ends quickly and cleanly and 3 seconds later there is a drop out from the left channel. I could not feel there is any "missing music" from the piece

There isn't any missing music, but If you listen carefully to the rhythm in that point you will notice a little break (the rhythmic patern loses continuity) at the same time as the cut in the fripp's gitar synth solo.

Ok I went back and paid more attention to Bill I do hear the jump in the beat.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:04 pm

so now they are going to post a one cd version this show! if they would just get their act together setbacks like this wouldnt happen.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:38 pm

Krimzep wrote:so now they are going to post a one cd version this show! if they would just get their act together setbacks like this wouldnt happen.

I have no idea where you got this info from.

The DL offered is set up as a single CD but is too long for a single CD. They have responded by indicating they intend to rejig it split over two CDs. I have seen no mention of a single CD version.

Unless you know more than me.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:55 pm

Owen wrote:
Krimzep wrote:so now they are going to post a one cd version this show! if they would just get their act together setbacks like this wouldnt happen.

I have no idea where you got this info from.

The DL offered is set up as a single CD but is too long for a single CD. They have responded by indicating they intend to rejig it split over two CDs. I have seen no mention of a single CD version.

Unless you know more than me.

O!

Berkeley Hit
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Thu., Nov 23, 2006

There is a problem with the Berkeley download. Running at over 83 minutes it should have been split over two discs. Many people are overcoming this hurdle with the aid of editing and authoring software but we will fix the bug and put it right. If we relist the tracks in the back end right now we will break everyone's currently active downloads, and there are still a lot of those. So Eric will rectify this glitch when he gets back and the truly awesome numbers of downloads have tailed off a little.

when I read that I guess I assumed they would fix by making it a one disc which wouldnt be that hard. my mistake.

But why 2 forty minute discs when it could have gone on one?
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:58 pm

Krimzep wrote:But why 2 forty minute discs when it could have gone on one?

I suspect it's the purist approach - everything as it happened, no edits/trimming etc. Although that still doesn't explain why the P2 show was split over two discs just to include 1:42 of silence, but that's a different matter.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:44 am

Riverman wrote:

I suspect it's the purist approach - everything as it happened, no edits/trimming etc. Although that still doesn't explain why the P2 show was split over two discs just to include 1:42 of silence, but that's a different matter.

with the right editing even a purist wouldnt be able to tell that some of the applause was missing from between songs.

to me its a waste of a disc.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby dr.z on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:59 am

the download was meant to be on 2 discs from the beginning.
if you listen carefully you should notice that between matte kudasai and the sheltering sky there is a fade-out and fade-in
dr.z
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby evktalo on Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:32 pm

Riverman wrote:

I suspect it's the purist approach - everything as it happened, no edits/trimming etc.

Didn't JVD72 say there's a couple of tracks missing that were played on this gig? Then it's pretty trimmed already. I'd have liked if those tracks were added to the download. That would of course cost them more. I'm happy with what I've got though!

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby Krimzep on Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:54 pm

evktalo wrote:
Riverman wrote:

I suspect it's the purist approach - everything as it happened, no edits/trimming etc.

Didn't JVD72 say there's a couple of tracks missing that were played on this gig? Then it's pretty trimmed already. I'd have liked if those tracks were added to the download. That would of course cost them more. I'm happy with what I've got though!

--Eino

why cut out tracks to make an 83 minute release when the standard cd holds up to 81 minutes of music?
I already outlined just how much more time could have been edited out and even at that only cutting 2-3 rds of the times I noted would make it fit on one cd.

If they want it to be a 2 cd then leave all the tracks in and now you have a reason for 2 discs . :wink:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads