free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - DGM: Free show & other news

DGM: Free show & other news

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Re: Explanations, Exclamations, Exaggerations

Postby Krimzep on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:27 pm

crimcinnaman wrote:
Krimzep wrote:And Torrenting is not mysterious its just a link to the files on someones comp its very very easy. maybe you should get your honor student to show you how cause even a child could do it.

Kz,

This is called exaggeration. I have torrented several shows for sharing, I have not torrented any KC shows, yet. I don't have a whole lot to share music-wise. I was just trying to post in my best Smithney. Sorry it went over your head.

it didnt go over my head I was being facetious or sarcastic, no biggie
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby JDV72 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:04 am

Anyone know a way I can pitch-correct the mp3s of the missing songs without recompressing. I found them a while back on a site that had the whole show and just snagged the two tracks as I assumed the show would be re-released as legal product. (I got the rest of the Toronto show left of TGD, as well. I'll gladly purchase that if released, but in the meanwhile...)
JDV72
ProjeKction Regular

Postby Riverman on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:09 pm

[nevermind]
Last edited by Riverman on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby evktalo on Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:29 pm

JDV, do you mean Berkley download isn't the complete show?

Edit: Got the answer to this one..
Last edited by evktalo on Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby diderot on Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:53 pm

JDV72 wrote:I'm glad that those of us who missed this KCCC release can finally sink our ears into the promised proper speed version 2.0. I have one question, however. Where are Heartbeat and Satori? Aside from the pitch problem they sounded fine. Not complaining, mind you. Just curious.

Now I understood what you were saying... Those two tracks weren't in the original KCCC16 and are missing in the download option.

Listening to my Russian copy the sound looks like an FM out of tune and there's a bump at 6'21" in The Sheltering Sky.

I haven't listened to the downloads yet. Did they improved anything?
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:42 pm

diderot wrote:Listening to my Russian copy the sound looks like an FM out of tune and there's a bump at 6'21" in The Sheltering Sky.

I've listened only this track today: with the pitch correction, the bump is found at 6'40". I thought they had fixed it... :(
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Hans on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:08 pm

diderot wrote:
diderot wrote:Listening to my Russian copy the sound looks like an FM out of tune and there's a bump at 6'21" in The Sheltering Sky.

I've listened only this track today: with the pitch correction, the bump is found at 6'40". I thought they had fixed it... :(

That would have been very easy to fix. I guess it's that DGM QC at work again. No one propably listened to the show properly..

Edit:Ok, I thought this bump was something else, so I'll have to take it back. Sounds like there's a part of the track missing, maybe the taper run out of tape. It would have been possible to smoothe out the bump, but that would have ment losing a bigger chunk of music..
Hans

Postby Krimzep on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:41 pm

Hans wrote:
diderot wrote:

That would have been very easy to fix. I guess it's that DGM QC at work again. No one propably listened to the show properly..

Edit:Ok, I thought this bump was something else, so I'll have to take it back. Sounds like there's a part of the track missing, maybe the taper run out of tape. It would have been possible to smoothe out the bump, but that would have ment losing a bigger chunk of music..

I just looked for the bump, IMHO for scortchy :wink: to me it sounds like the synth note ends quickly and cleanly and 3 seconds later there is a drop out from the left channel. I could not feel there is any "missing music" from the piece.
Last edited by Krimzep on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby hugarpe on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:25 pm

Krimzep wrote

I just looked for the bump, IMHO for scortchy Wink to me it sounds like the key board note ends quickly and cleanly and 3 seconds later there is a drop out from the left channel. I could not feel there is any "missing music" from the piece

There isn't any missing music, but If you listen carefully to the rhythm in that point you will notice a little break (the rhythmic patern loses continuity) at the same time as the cut in the fripp's gitar synth solo.
hugarpe
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby Hans on Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:30 pm

hugarpe wrote:There isn't any missing music, but If you listen carefully to the rhythm in that point you will notice a little break (the rhythmic patern loses continuity) at the same time as the cut in the fripp's gitar synth solo.

So in other words it sounds like there's a piece missing. The ends are just "glued" together without properly listening to the rhythmics of the piece.
Hans

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads