free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - DGM: Free show & other news

DGM: Free show & other news

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

DGM: Free show & other news

Postby MarkSullivan on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:26 pm

Lots of big news over at DGMLive today:

Happy Birthday DGMLive
:: Posted by Sid Smith on Wed., Nov 22, 2006

Today DGM is one year old and we’re celebrating with a couple of great items for your listening pleasure – KC 82 at Berkeley 13th August, 1982 and Robert Fripp’s Soundscapes compilation, Evensong.

The eagle-eyed amongst you will instantly recognise that the concert from August 13th 1982 was first released as part of the KCCC but sadly running at the wrong speed. Now it’s been pitch-corrected and you can grab it for free.

This is a great opportunity for anyone who hasn’t tried to download concerts to dip their toe in the water. Let us know how you found the process if you’re a first-time downloader. And if you’re a grizzled veteran who started downloading with DGMLive one year ago today – then let us know how it’s been for you as well!

Also the eagle-eared amongst you will notice that the MP3 files for these two have been bumped up to a variable bitrate between 192 and 320kbps, as will all future MP3 releases. We’ll be converting all the existing MP3 files over the next few weeks.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:43 pm

And some idiots say, we only bash DGM.... Here's a good example along with many many many, of which we do the exact opposite. Get it Larry???
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:07 pm

How dare they give this stuff away for FREE when I paid my hard earned cash for the original KCCC release. It's a fucking outrage. I am so fucked off by their total disregard of me as a faithful consumer, I have just kicked a small puppy to death with my bare feet. How Robert Fripp can look himself in the mirror every day, I do not know, the money-grabbing charlatan. A pox on you DGM and all your scaly minions!

Darren

PS. That was meant to be a funny...OK? You can tell I was joking because I normally kick small animals to death using steel toe-capped boots. :P
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:37 am

Is it just me? The (same) Berkeley show wont fit on one disc as posted by DGMLive. It now runs at 83 minutes. I guess that's because of the "pitch" issue (?). I had to break it up over two discs, not that it's a big deal, just an observation.
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:40 am

I don't remember the exact details of the pitch issue, but I would guess that it was caused by the original tape speeding up slightly. So the pitch correction would have slowed it down and slightly increased its length. If only everything in this world got bigger when you slowed it down...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby evktalo on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:33 am

That release probably spoiled my plans for the day.. downloading..
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:05 am

From closely listening to the hot tickle... it's no different to the KCCC release!!!

By the way, which I, like a few of us Lame brains paid hard earned cash for... The Return of The Great Deceivers!!
Last edited by The Crimson Fox on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Indyrod on Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:12 am

Not sure why anybody is surprised. They all ready released MAINZ along with the much wanted ASBURY. Double dipping is a work of art with DGM... Hey Sid, where's my QC released "Eyes Wide Open"? :?:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Yorkshire Square on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:25 am

Indyrod wrote:Not sure why anybody is surprised. They all ready released MAINZ along with the much wanted ASBURY. Double dipping is a work of art with DGM... Hey Sid, where's my QC released "Eyes Wide Open"? :?:

Available as a free download in 2026? :roll:
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Krimzep on Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Indyrod wrote:Not sure why anybody is surprised. They all ready released MAINZ along with the much wanted ASBURY. Double dipping is a work of art with DGM... Hey Sid, where's my QC released "Eyes Wide Open"? :?:

maybe DGM stands for Doggedly Gaining Money, maily our money. :wink:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to DGM Live! Downloads