free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Do you think we should send bootlegs to DGM ?

Do you think we should send bootlegs to DGM ?

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby Owen on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:56 pm

oveh wrote:Yes. But then again, Fripp needs trustworthy personell. I have a boot from 2003.06.12 - Moskwa, Russia -. Awsome sound quality. Yupp, you got it. It's a soundboard recording. It even includes the soundcheck. So it seems Fripp had some rotten apples in his crew at that time.

Not necessarily.

A lot of venues have hidden cabling connecting the stage to the sound-desk, and the desk to the PA. All the equipment on stage is plugged into a portal type box, like an old telephone exchange (I can't remember what these things are called, sorry), and a similar box connects to the sound-desk, and then from the desk to the PA.

It has been known for illegal recording devices to be connected to the hidden cabling, which runs through wall/floor cavities or channeling, somewhere out of sight.

A machine placed behind a wall, or in a cupboard perhaps, could, if strategically positioned, easilly be connected to the direct source for multi-track pre-FOH mix recording. While a hidden recording device on the desk-PA route could easilly capture a pristine FOH mix.

And we are talking Russia here.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:47 pm

Who cares? Fripp the Wanker got paid once to perform. Why should he get paid again? Only a complete turd would ask to be paid twice for doing the same job. TURD! TURD! TURD!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:14 pm

The $140 in donations going to your head? Pissed off at Sid? So what live albums are suppose to be free?

PS...Nevermind, just read the "just returned from the pub" bit elsewhere.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:13 pm

The music industry is probably the only field of expertise where "artistes" get paid for doing a job and then insist on getting paid again. Fuck that. Make these "musicians" wander the streets like minstrels earning their crust. The only reason the likes of Fripp complains is that people more devious than him fucked him over in the first place. The fuckee becomes the fucker...such is business.

Hand over your cash, fuckwits. That's what you are good at. ;-)

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:03 am

vrooom wrote:Hand over your cash, fuckwits. That's what you are good at. ;-)

Darren

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :lol:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:17 am

The bands that allow tapers, like Les Claypool and many others, I have a lot of respect for. The show I saw of Claypool and the Frog Brigade a couple years ago, I saw all the tapers, and within a couple of weeks, I was able to locate a copy of the show I saw through the Yahoo Claypool group, and only had to trade a few blank cdrs. If the bands are too stupid to tape their shows and make them available to customers, then fuckem, unlike somebody like Peter Gabriel that made each show available after his last tour in the States, and I bought, BOUGHT, from Gabriel's site a copy of the Indianapolis show, that I was not able to attend. I know the evils of bootleggers and downloaders and all that shit, but if the artists behaved a little more fan friendly and fan respect, a lot of that would never happen imo, and they would gain the monetary benefits like the clever bands that figure that all out. Fripp is a cry baby because he wasn't one of those to figure it all out until recently, and still treats his fans like pests instead of the gravy train they really are.

That's why I was so moved to see what he did recently at the St. Louis show with Starless, and I really do respect the man a little more now. I still despise the way he talks about Crimheads in general, but it was nice to see that jesture on his part for a change.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby oveh on Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:42 am

Owen wrote:
oveh wrote:Yes. But then again, Fripp needs trustworthy personell. I have a boot from 2003.06.12 - Moskwa, Russia -. Awsome sound quality. Yupp, you got it. It's a soundboard recording. It even includes the soundcheck. So it seems Fripp had some rotten apples in his crew at that time.

Not necessarily.

A lot of venues have hidden cabling connecting the stage to the sound-desk, and the desk to the PA. All the equipment on stage is plugged into a portal type box, like an old telephone exchange (I can't remember what these things are called, sorry), and a similar box connects to the sound-desk, and then from the desk to the PA.

It has been known for illegal recording devices to be connected to the hidden cabling, which runs through wall/floor cavities or channeling, somewhere out of sight.

A machine placed behind a wall, or in a cupboard perhaps, could, if strategically positioned, easilly be connected to the direct source for multi-track pre-FOH mix recording. While a hidden recording device on the desk-PA route could easilly capture a pristine FOH mix.

And we are talking Russia here.

O!

Owen, thx for clearing this out. My first thought was "rotten apples" in KC's staff. Now I see that it might not be the case. As for the Russia comment, yes I thought about that, but would not be the first to mention it..... :lol:

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Sending bootlegs to DGM is like sending money to Darren Locke.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby oveh on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:Sending bootlegs to DGM is like sending money to Darren Locke.

It's probably just me, but I don't get your point here :?:

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Indyrod on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:46 pm

oveh wrote:
The Crimson Avenger wrote:Sending bootlegs to DGM is like sending money to Darren Locke.

It's probably just me, but I don't get your point here :?:

Cheers,

Ove

It's not just you, I have no idea what TLC means nor do I care.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads