free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Do you think we should send bootlegs to DGM ?

Do you think we should send bootlegs to DGM ?

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Do you think we should send bootlegs to DGM ?

Postby octopus92 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:01 pm

Following the new download of the Arlington-1973 and the debate that is on the DGM forum, I wonder if it's our interest to send them bootlegs some of us may have...

I feel very surprised by the fact they have nearly no soundboard tapes from 1973 (except those that are on "The Great Deceiver" box-set and "The night watch")...

So the only way for them to sell shows from this period (and I suppose it's the same for the Larks Quintet....) is to hope that they will have some bootlegs from us....

Are you ready to send DGM some of your lost "Holy Grails" ?

Discuss, talk,.... :wink:
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:48 pm

If someone has something DGM doesn't already have, I'm sure they would welcome it. You could discreetly inquire first to see if they are searching for anything in particular. They've already explicitly said that if anyone's got a better quality copy of the Udine show, then they should send it in.

As for the people complaining about another bootleg being offered, apparently those people have totally lost sight of the fact that this show was the choice of the contest winner so DGM made available what they had. I will certainly be buying this one, with no complaints. All three of the 1974 shows on DGMLive are in the top five downloads. I'm guessing it won't be long before this one goes into the top five.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Sebastian Knight on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:37 pm

Anecdotally, when I downloaded this one off DGM I got a much higher share ratio that usual, which means a larger number of other people were downloading it at the same time. I suspect this will be one of the better selling items, despite the fact that so many of us have copies of the boot.

As for sending them bootlegs, you should certainly offer. They have repeatedly asked for good boots, especially pre-1994.
Sebastian Knight

Postby Gilesfan on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:38 pm

As long as DGM gives the contributor a very good percentage! :lol:
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:24 pm

Sebastian Knight wrote:Anecdotally, when I downloaded this one off DGM I got a much higher share ratio that usual, which means a larger number of other people were downloading it at the same time. I suspect this will be one of the better selling items, despite the fact that so many of us have copies of the boot.

As for sending them bootlegs, you should certainly offer. They have repeatedly asked for good boots, especially pre-1994.

I imagine they'd especially like to get their hands on masters, and if they were professionally recorded, even better. There may be boots out there that are close to soundboard quality that haven't turned up yet.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:59 am

Yes.

Don't be greedy now.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby oveh on Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:54 am

This policy seems quite similair to what Zappa did.
In order to fight bootlegs, he started selling them himself. If not mistaken, I belive the name of the series was "Beat the boots".

As for recordings, DGM can ask me, I have a few :wink:

Cheers

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Gilesfan on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:34 pm

oveh wrote:This policy seems quite similair to what Zappa did.
In order to fight bootlegs, he started selling them himself. If not mistaken, I belive the name of the series was "Beat the boots"

I know a guy who was once shooting a Zappa show in a theater with a camera years ago. He saw Zappa mouth the word "camera" to someone, and seconds later a guy came up to this guy with the camera and wanted this guy's film. :lol: He got it too!

That's all it takes Fripp! :D
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby oveh on Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:46 am

Gilesfan wrote:
oveh wrote:This policy seems quite similair to what Zappa did.
In order to fight bootlegs, he started selling them himself. If not mistaken, I belive the name of the series was "Beat the boots"

I know a guy who was once shooting a Zappa show in a theater with a camera years ago. He saw Zappa mouth the word "camera" to someone, and seconds later a guy came up to this guy with the camera and wanted this guy's film. :lol: He got it too!

That's all it takes Fripp! :D

Yes. But then again, Fripp needs trustworthy personell. I have a boot from 2003.06.12 - Moskwa, Russia -. Awsome sound quality. Yupp, you got it. It's a soundboard recording. It even includes the soundcheck. So it seems Fripp had some rotten apples in his crew at that time.

Cheers,

Ove
The only thing that stops God sending a second Flood is that the first one was useless.
oveh
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:21 pm

oveh wrote:Yes. But then again, Fripp needs trustworthy personell. I have a boot from 2003.06.12 - Moskwa, Russia -. Awsome sound quality. Yupp, you got it. It's a soundboard recording. It even includes the soundcheck.

Can we talk a minute about the word 'sharing'???

Don't bogart that board, mannnnnnn....
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Next

Return to DGM Live! Downloads