free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - What shows do you want to see on DGM Live?

What shows do you want to see on DGM Live?

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby gboland on Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:09 pm

It was a glitch it's now normal price, I downloaded it for free and had to do a review as fee instead.
gboland
ProjeKction Groupie

Re:

Postby Moonchild on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:Richards Club Atlanta '73. It's been heavily bootlegged. Good show, decent sound (which can likely be improved), and a great version of Larks I. I imagine it will show up eventually.

Unless they can locate the original multi-track tapes (which would be a godsend) I don't see them realistically putting it up for download. The bootleg has superb clarity (by bootleg standards) but the mix is truly atrocious. It seems like every instrument dramatically fluctuates in volume at random throughout the tape. As a matter of fact, for a fraction of a second during Larks II, everything except John Wetton's bass is completely inaudible!

Robert Fripp wrote:Mr. Stormy is working on I…
II…
…our earliest live-archive of KC working in the US, following Jamie’s departure: 23-june-1973. David reports this is the best live version of LTIA Part One he has heard.

-From the latest (Wednesday, 4th June 2008) Robert Fripp diary.

:D
Moonchild
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Re: What shows do you want to see on DGM Live?

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, more than six years (!) later and 7 of my 10 most-wanted shows are either available for download or on KCCC releases, and it looks like most of the other requests from other users here have been fulfilled in one way or another, as well. I gotta hand it to DGM for being so responsive to fan demand, even if it takes six years. Other bands could really take a cue from them in that department (though I still think their mailorder sucks).

So, what else could I go for on DGM live? Hmm ...

-A tour bundle collecting all the already available Zoom Club 71 shows. Would be a great value and very popular.
-Tour bundles for all the '74 tours, i.e. March/April '74 in Europe, April/May '74 US, June '74 US. Soundboard tapes for most of these shows exist. Make them available!
-1992 WFC Soundscapes shows.
-The complete Mexico City '96 shows. The peak of the Double Trio, presented in complete form.
-The first P2 show at The Cannery 98.
-A tour bundle of the previously available P1 shows.
-A P3 tour bundle. Only a few gaps here IIRC.
-Some summer '01 shows with Cyriel, Response to Stimuli, etc. I think this is the only tour that doesn't have a club release or download available. Are they ashamed of it or something?
-Fall 2003 tour package. Am I correct in assuming most Crimheads regard this as the peak of the DD?
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Krimzep on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:38 am

Dont know how much more I can really buy? I have just about everything I would like to hear plus more live stuff than you could shake a stick at, except for one show that I attended in 2001, thats the one I want from DGM Boston orpheum 2001. for me after that I guess I pretty much heard it all.

Heavy construkction is probably the best album to come out before the break up. didnt really go for The construkction of light.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:50 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:-The first P2 show at The Cannery 98.

I've wondered why this was left out of the big P2 batch. It sounded like an interesting show in Trey's diary since they basically decided to forgo even the loosely planned pieces they had and do it all off the cuff. But maybe they weren't happy enough with the results.

That'd be mostly academic at this point...

Yeah, they're offering four shows out of five (though I think one of them is still CD only). It'd be a decent package, but not huge news for most of us.

-Some summer '01 shows with Cyriel, Response to Stimuli, etc. I think this is the only tour that doesn't have a club release or download available. Are they ashamed of it or something?

There are two (I think) downloads from the Tool tour, and I've always thought that whole stretch would make for good bundling. But I definitely agree about the other parts of '01 where that new material was being worked out. It was a pretty exploratory phase.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:55 pm

Geno wrote:
Whiskey Vengeance wrote:-The first P2 show at The Cannery 98.

I've wondered why this was left out of the big P2 batch. It sounded like an interesting show in Trey's diary since they basically decided to forgo even the loosely planned pieces they had and do it all off the cuff. But maybe they weren't happy enough with the results.

I have an ... *ahem* ... unofficial recording. Here's the tracklist/track times:

Sus-Tayn-Z (10:31)
Contrary ConstruKction (16:53)
Deception Of The Thrush (11:41)
Vector Shift (12:20)
X-chayn-jiZ (14:16)

So, as you can see, they're already working with some of the themes they'd be exploring later on. But as the track lengths suggest they're exploring a little bit more here compared to later shows.
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Krimzep on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:Well, more than six years (!) later and 7 of my 10 most-wanted shows are either available for download or on KCCC releases, and it looks like most of the other requests from other users here have been fulfilled in one way or another, as well. I gotta hand it to DGM for being so responsive to fan demand, even if it takes six years. Other bands could really take a cue from them in that department (though I still think their mailorder sucks).

So, what else could I go for on DGM live? Hmm ...

-A tour bundle collecting all the already available Zoom Club 71 shows. Would be a great value and very popular.
-Tour bundles for all the '74 tours, i.e. March/April '74 in Europe, April/May '74 US, June '74 US. Soundboard tapes for most of these shows exist. Make them available!
-1992 WFC Soundscapes shows.
-The complete Mexico City '96 shows. The peak of the Double Trio, presented in complete form.
-The first P2 show at The Cannery 98.
-Fall 2003 tour package. Am I correct in assuming most Crimheads regard this as the peak of the DD?

Looks like you may get your wish! a projekct one toru bundle is now available! but you knew that already :lol:
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Geno on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:53 pm

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:I have an ... *ahem* ... unofficial recording. ... they're already working with some of the themes they'd be exploring later on. But as the track lengths suggest they're exploring a little bit more here compared to later shows.

Damn. Now I want an official release of that one even more.
There's just three things in my life that I regret
There's everything I've done, everything I'm doing
And what I haven't done yet
Geno
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Dinsdale on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:01 am

So many great shows. It does rather seem that DGM is getting around to releasing many fan requests, but we always want more...

I will say that I did not even know how much I wanted the late March/early April 1974 shows until I had them. I was looking for recordings of Doctor Diamond, and came across such excellent improvs fitting into the context of the whole show that I was stunned. Kassel is perhaps the epitome of this. And we should thank them for releasing Arlington Texas, 1973, complete with the MC portions.

I would love it if DGM released the Boston Orpheum show from 1973 that someone else mentioned. But there are a few shows by this band that took place in Boston, and I can't be absolutely sure which performance is the one I would love to hear again. So DGM would have to release all three Boston performances...

My holy grail is the show that became the live musical portions of an early 1980's bootleg release (which I recorded on cassette from someone who borrowed the album from someone who borrowed the album...) called Indiscipline Mining Rocks. The version of Sheltering Sky on that release is WOW, there is a tune that I think turned into The Howler, and there is a ditty (I can't quite call it an improv, because they sound like they know exactly where they are going) that I have heard no-where else. Its got everything that I love about King Crimson, all in one tune from late 1981, and was never put into an official recording. I guess there is a parallel there with Doctor Diamond from the earlier incarnation. I was so very pleased when DGM released the late 1981 Japan shows (was that 18 months ago already?). I had been hoping that the track I have been looking for all of these years would be included in that set of shows. But alas, disappointment struck again.

Like every fan, I would love to hear the shows I witnessed (Double Trio performances in Kalamazoo and Detroit), as well as the shows (Ann Arbor 1982) that my mother would not let me attend! (From what I have read on this site it appears I am not supposed to admit this) I know that bootlegs of one of the shows I missed exist, because I heard a tape, I believe from the late summer show, sometime in 1983.

I have collected a fair amount of music from the 1972-1974 lineup from a number of sources: from DGM Live; from used copies of the KCCC (are we allowed to admit purchasing used copies of CD's? Does anyone know Fripp's position on this?[humor?]); and from "the Collectors King Crimson" releases. Now DGM has announced the Road to Red release for $225.00. But I was not able to determine which shows are represented in this package, let alone what the individual tracks are. Did anyone else have this problem? I am also curious about peoples' feelings on the LTIA Limited Edition Boxed Set. I had many of the Jamie Muir shows from the CKC releases, and did not jump at the chance to get the LTIA boxed set... What am I missing?
Dinsdale
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Dinsdale on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:58 am

So I just floated through DGMLive and saw March 10, 1982 in Oxford England. I remember listening to the sample portion of the "Untitled Instrumental" last time I was checking out new offerings from DGMLive, and thought that it sounded similar to my missing track from Indiscipline Mining Rocks, but rather more like a portion of the tune Neal and Jack and Me. So I go to look at the comments about this release, and what do I see? This post by Melvin Collinsi is what I see:

MELVIN COLLINSI April 29, 2010
Written by melvinbcollins
I SAW THESE CONCERTS THE DRIVE TO 1981.VERY POWERFUL LINE UP, IMPROVS ON THIS SET ARE WOUNDERFUL.WHEN WILL INDISCIPLE MINNING ROCKS BE ISSUED ,THE YOUNGER CROWD NEED TO HEAR THAT .I CAN STILL HEAR TURKISH TEA WHAT A TRACK WISHED THEY PLAYED MORE TRACKS LIKE THAT THAT WAS JUST GREAT.THANK YOU FOR KING CRIMSON MUSIC THANK YOU SO MUCH CRIM HEAD FOR LIFE!"BLESSINGS TO ALL .

Does anyone think the chances of getting something released increase if Crimson Alumni request it? What are the ethics of posting fan comments under the name of, for instance, Marcus Charigh?

Anyhow, this Oxford show from 1982 is now part of my digital collection. Now all I need is something on which to play these FLAC files that is actually intended for playing music...
Dinsdale
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Previous

Return to DGM Live! Downloads