free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Ulster Performing Arts Centre, Kingston, New York 11/14/03

Ulster Performing Arts Centre, Kingston, New York 11/14/03

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby Mark on Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:04 pm

Some of the ET setlists say that "Frame By Frame" was part of the encore. Are those inaccurate, or was it left off the release?
Mark
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby vargan on Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:09 pm

Some of the ET setlists say that "Frame By Frame" was part of the encore. Are those inaccurate, or was it left off the release?

Frame By Frame was not performed at Kingston.
vargan

Postby MiKcrobe on Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:31 pm

I was listening to this again and some of the catcalls reallly had me bristling. Idiots at a KC show in 2003 shouting for songs that haven't been played in 30 years. :evil: Someone called for In The Court. Yeah right. Where have you been living buddy? You do realize you're watching King Crimson don't you? Several people shouted for "Larks' Tongues in Aspic." Well, which one? Part One, Two, Three, or Four. Of course, they're going to play Part Four, but somehow I suspect the burnouts were shouting for Part Two. Just call it a hunch. Another genius called for "Starless and Bible Black." If the band would have actually started playing "Starless and Bible Black," that dirtbag would have had no clue what was going on (another hunch says he wanted "Starless").

What pains me is that for nearly 40 years Fripp has labored under the impression that these are the "fans." Those of us who pay attention and have a clue and respect the work he does have to repeatedly listen to his tirades about "disrespectful audients" and so forth. Yes, many of the people at the shows are disrespectful. That's obvious. Those, however, are not the fans. They don't care. They don't pay attention to anything. They don't have a clue. Find out what band you're listening to (a quick look at your ticket might give you a clue). Learn who they are and what they do and stop giving the rest of us a bad name. Oh, and stop ruining all the surreptitious recordings! :twisted:
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey MiK, you're not talking about TCA are you? :twisted:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby MiKcrobe on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:40 pm

Indyrod wrote:Hey MiK, you're not talking about TCA are you? :twisted:

You mean as the guy shouting for In The Court? :P Heck no. I imagine TCA would be a most respectful audient. He would never shout for In The Court (for fear that they might actually play it!) :lol:
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:57 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:

You mean as the guy shouting for In The Court? :P Heck no. I imagine TCA would be a most respectful audient. He would never shout for In The Court (for fear that they might actually play it!) :lol:

I know it's futile to shout requests at the Frippster - unless you have a $100 bill in your hand. 8)
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby Indyrod on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:06 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:

No actually, I was talking about "Starless and Bible Black"... Still not sure if he knows the difference. :lol:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Indyrod wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:

No actually, I was talking about "Starless and Bible Black"... Still not sure if he knows the difference. :lol:

It is kind of a trick question to be fair. 'Starless' is the song with the 'Starless and Bible Black' lyric. 'Starless and Bible Black' is a lyricless i.e. wetton-vocal-free piece.

No go back down to your Basement Dwelling with your Porcupine Tree CDs and beat-off magazines. :P
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby MiKcrobe on Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:56 pm

Indyrod wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:

In all fairness though, to TCA and others, Fripp himself made the same mistake in one of his announcements (on TGD I think). I knew TCA would never confuse the two, since one features the dulcet tones of Mr. Wetton and one does not. :wink:
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Owen on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:I was listening to this again and some of the catcalls reallly had me bristling.

A friend and I have been rehearsing our best "innapropriate KC heckles" for the forthcoming Belew gig.

Our favourites so far are:

1. Epitaaaaaaaaaaaaph!
2. Cat Fooooooooooooood!
or an old Aussie classic
3. Play some fucken Chisel!

Maybe I should make this a new poll?

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads