free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Burning CDs

Burning CDs

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Postby Dog_none on Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:04 am

Thanks for the tip. I actually have 'Sonic Digitalmedia' on my comp (one of the programs that came with it that I've never checked out) which has that option. Worked like a charm.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Re: Burning CDs

Postby Dan Anderson on Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:30 pm

Dog_none wrote:I figure this is as good a place as any for this question.

How do you burn a CD so that there is no pause in between tracks?

I use the free RealPlayer dowload. Go to "add files from my library" and add them into your music library and then burn the cd. Works like a charm.

Yours,
Dan
Dan Anderson
ProjeKction Fan

Postby MarkSullivan on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:33 pm

ChewChewGumChew wrote:Hey, wait.

Since we're on the subject, I bought and downloaded a Queen show from Queenonline a few months back. They say you can only burn it to disc using Windows Media Player. That's fine, but every time I've tried, my WMP says the record speed is too high (although I've gone all the way down to 1X) OR I'm using the wrong brand of CD-R's (I've tried 6 different kinds). So I paid for a show I can't have.

That's been my dilemma.

I've had problems with WMP, too, especially with long MP3s (I've downloaded lots of single tracks that are album-length from eMusic). I researched it, and there's a page somewhere on Microsoft's site that mentions that WMP sometimes has difficulty with files that lack a time code (if I'm remembering that right). The symptom is, WMP reads the file as twice as long as it actually is. I had the same problem with Roxio. But iTunes (which is also a free download) hasn't failed me yet, so that's all is use for burning now. One other thing: I think every program I've used has had an option for setting the pause time between tracks, somehere. Usually in Options--sometimes you've got to go into an Advanced area to find it.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby pehjott on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:52 am

even if you erase the gap-setting (eg 2 seconds) for instance on neo, you will have a short gab when your files are mp3-sourced...
pehjott
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Owen on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:29 pm

pehjott wrote:even if you erase the gap-setting (eg 2 seconds) for instance on neo, you will have a short gab when your files are mp3-sourced...

Well if that happens I use an editing program to convert to wav and snip the micro-second buffers of silence from the beginning and end of each track then burn again.

Hope that helps.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:46 pm

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but if you are producing a master CD from WAVs you've made yourself (or maybe from other source - nudge nudge, wink wink) and you want to divide up a long song into smaller tracks, use an application called CDWAVE to cut the WAV into its component parts. It does it without adding any audio data and that's what causes the pops.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:27 am

just get NERO or Nero express then check the option for no gaps and you're done. nero will also burn flac files right to disk without converting to wav when Flac Frontend is installed.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:29 pm

The best way to burn cd from dgmlive flac is:

Change flac into wav. by Flac Fronted (very easy way)
Then display Nero Express > go into Music > Audio Cd > Add (wav. files
Push "No pause between tracks" in the left, down corner and burn
The "Disc at Once" or "Tracks at Once" is nevermind in this case

Previous

Return to DGM Live! Downloads