free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe 4th December 1997

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe 4th December 1997

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe 4th December 1997

Postby The Crimson Fox on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:08 am

I've been waiting for this a long long time dear fellows and I now at last I have it.

After years of record fair searches and e-bay hunts, I now have the fourth and last night of ProjeKct One.

I downloaded this as an MP3 file and the quality is very good.

I wish I could have been at one of those nights to see them play (1st - 4th Dec 1997).

I have heard bits of this download from the ProjeKcts box set and the Jazz Cafe Suite but there is loads of new material on this. It also includes the announcement from Fripp which was interrupted by the flash photography.

This is definately my favourite projeKct of them all (ProjeKct Three comes second). Each piece is so different on this recording. 4 ii 3 includes a xylophone and percussion solo by Mr B himself. 4 i 4 reminded me of Tight Scrummy from TGD box set. 4 ii 5 contains Bill Bruford doing B'Boom solo.

I await nights 1, 2 & 3!!

By the way... I think the new DGM live site is superb but you cant beat that feeling of receiving a long awaited CD in the post!!
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby vrooom on Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:19 am

Well done for christening the new section of the site. Let's see some more reviews in here, eh?

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

A ProjeKct of Xylophoniam Fanfare!

Postby GrassySound on Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:43 pm

After I downloaded this long-awaited recording, I posted the below comments on the DGM Live site.

Only a percussionist like Bill Bruford would think to bring an Xylophone to an improvisational concert with guitars, sticks, soundscapes, and sundry electronic gizmos. This music is startling in its intensity, yet wondrous in its telepathic energy. This concert affirms ProjeKct One as my favorite of the four research and development groups. They all have their uniqueness and are all worth hearing, but this ensemble somehow captures a spirit that connects with me in a great way. I can only hope the other three concerts are one day made available on DGM Live! Thanks for this one!!
"Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm." - Frank Zappa
GrassySound
ProjeKction Fan

Postby evktalo on Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:10 pm

Just noticed that this gig is currently "Not available for download". Maybe they're doing something about the missing piece?

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby diderot on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:08 pm

evktalo wrote:Just noticed that this gig is currently "Not available for download". Maybe they're doing something about the missing piece?

--Eino

I hope that too, otherwise I'll regret for haven't started downloding those shows....
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

funny

Postby Krimzep on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:02 am

diderot wrote:
evktalo wrote:Just noticed that this gig is currently "Not available for download". Maybe they're doing something about the missing piece?

--Eino

I hope that too, otherwise I'll regret for haven't started downloding those shows....

well now it seems my exposing of the missing track has been taken care of, great! now DGM ows me a free download no?

also its real funny how DGM thanks Vargan for pointing it out.

seems they actually owe me the thanks since I was the one who pointed it out to him when I originally posted the thread mentioning the missing tracks.

and I say tracks because the opening soundscape is also missing. but unless you're a stickler for sounscapes then you're not really missing much .
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: funny

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm

Krimzep wrote: now DGM ows me a free download no?

It also says,
Anyone who bought the original release should access their accounts and download the complete concert.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

quarter inch killer

Postby vargan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:03 pm

what a douche bag...
vargan

Postby Krimzep on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:15 pm

Last edited by Krimzep on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: funny

Postby Krimzep on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:30 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:It also says,
Anyone who bought the original release should access their accounts and download the complete concert.

I dont see that posted anywhere in this thread.

I posted before I visited the DGM website which I would'nt have done if I had not seen this thread.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Next

Return to DGM Live! Downloads