free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe 4th December 1997

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe 4th December 1997

Post your views and reviews on the downloads that have been made available on the DGM Live website.

Re: funny

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:27 pm

Krimzep wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:It also says,
Anyone who bought the original release should access their accounts and download the complete concert.

I dont see that posted anywhere in this thread.

It wasn't, it's from the DGM news item that you referred to.

Krimzep wrote:I posted before I visited the DGM website which I would'nt have done if I had not seen this thread.

Then, how did you know they were thanking Vargan if you hadn't looked at the DGM site before posting?
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Krimzep on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:35 pm

MiKcrobe wrote:
Krimzep wrote:
MiKcrobe wrote:It also says,
Anyone who bought the original release should access their accounts and download the complete concert.

I dont see that posted anywhere in this thread.

It wasn't, it's from the DGM news item that you referred to.

Krimzep wrote:I posted before I visited the DGM website which I would'nt have done if I had not seen this thread.

Then, how did you know they were thanking Vargan if you hadn't looked at the DGM site before posting?

I dont even care anymore
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:33 am

Krimzep wrote:

I dont even care anymore

CHEER UP!!!

Life sucks, and then you die....
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:14 pm

Getting back on track--I just downloaded this yesterday (now that it's fixed, thanks to Krimzep :wink: (hey, we know the truth, right?) ) and listened to it last night. It's stupendous. Very little overlap with Live At The Jazz Cafe from the boxed set. I suspect that some studio melanging was done on that one, despite the tracks being labeled as if they are strictly one particular piece from one specific show. I think I'll be playing this one quite a lot. Prior to burning it to CD however, I listened to the "interrupted announcement" and decided that it was trivial and omitted it from the CD. That way the music will not be interrupted by the interrupted announcement. Should I ever feel the need to listen to the interrupted announcement, I still have the digital file that I can play occasionally to remind me of my proper place in the basement.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby vargan on Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:01 pm

I suspect that some studio melanging was done on that one, despite the tracks being labeled as if they are strictly one particular piece from one specific show.

With the exception of the mislabeled 2ii3 (this was actually the third piece played during set1 of Night2), all of the music from Live at the Jazz Cafe is what it is. Certainly things fade in and out differently (4i1); but no music was overdubbed from different improvs. However, the cheerful crowd applause at the start of 4ii1 didn't happen. Drunkos were shouting 'wanker' after that FLASH went off.

Now, the KCCC Jazz Cafe Suite is a different story and details of it's origins can found at KCL
vargan

Postby The Crimson Fox on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 pm

vargan wrote:
I suspect that some studio melanging was done on that one, despite the tracks being labeled as if they are strictly one particular piece from one specific show.

With the exception of the mislabeled 2ii3 (this was actually the third piece played during set1 of Night2), all of the music from Live at the Jazz Cafe is what it is. Certainly things fade in and out differently (4i1); but no music was overdubbed from different improvs. However, the cheerful crowd applause at the start of 4ii1 didn't happen. Drunkos were shouting 'wanker' after that FLASH went off.

Now, the KCCC Jazz Cafe Suite is a different story and details of it's origins can found at KCL

So my understanding now is that 2ii3 (track 5) from the ProjeKct One disc from the box set is incorrectly named and should be 2i3?

Isnt this track on 21st Century Guide to King Crimson Vol. II and has the same incorrect name on that too?

It's a very shoddy oversight if this is the case.
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

P4

Postby Krimzep on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:47 pm

there is also a piece played by P4 from 10- 28 that is on the Masque album so go figure.

fripp doesnt care where or when it comes from, its all his to do with as he pleases.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: P4

Postby The Crimson Fox on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:49 pm

Krimzep wrote:there is also a piece played by P4 from 10- 28 that is on the Masque album so go figure.

fripp doesnt care where or when it comes from, its all his to do with as he pleases.

Which track does this appear on and whereabouts? Are you certain?
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby vargan on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:30 pm

So my understanding now is that 2ii3 (track 5) from the ProjeKct One disc from the box set is incorrectly named and should be 2i3? Isnt this track on 21st Century Guide to King Crimson Vol. II and has the same incorrect name on that too?

Yes. It's simply a typo, also found on the Beginnerrr's Guide to the ProjeKcts CD. but hey, don't take my word for it, the Kcourageous Zipper may claim it was performed by P5.
vargan

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:51 pm

vargan wrote:

With the exception of the mislabeled 2ii3 (this was actually the third piece played during set1 of Night2), all of the music from Live at the Jazz Cafe is what it is. Certainly things fade in and out differently (4i1); but no music was overdubbed from different improvs.

Maybe it's the mixing then making it seem that way, because the opening tracks, which should be the same on both discs (4i1/4-12-1) seemed to diverge after the first few bars. I'll have to give them both another attentive listen.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

PreviousNext

Return to DGM Live! Downloads