free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Could he be the best drummer for Crimso?

Could he be the best drummer for Crimso?

What's an alumni? Is that what silver foil is made of? No, you buffoon - this is where you post about ex-members of the band.

Postby vrooom on Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:48 pm

PS. I think Ian is a plant. You know, sent here from sources unknown to stir things up...just when we got nice and sleepy...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MiKcrobe on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:09 pm

The only Greenslade tracks I liked were "Time" and "Tide" from Time & Tide, mainly for the eerie mellotron sounds.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Yorkshire Square on Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:49 pm

vrooom wrote:So you don't want to buy that Greenslade LP off me then, Yorkie? :D

But yeah, boooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!!

Darren

No, but if you've got it in limited-edition Japanese mini-lp CD with Obi Strip and naked Geisha Girl, I might be interested. :wink:
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:01 pm

Yorkshire Square wrote:Andrew McCulloch

Has he done anything since 1976?

Greenslade - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Ever heard "Drum Folk"?

vrooom wrote:
But yeah, boooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!!!!!!!

Darren

You lads are off your nuts. To start with, "Catcus Choir" doesn't even has Andy on it. It's a solo album by Dave Greenslade. And yes, Yorshire Square, Andy has retired after 1976 after working with Ant Phillips.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be so engaged in this carry-on if Andrew wasn't a distant relative. My aul one is a McCulloch and so am I, but his parents are Scottish and Irish. So I have Scottish, Irish, Spanish and American blood. I AM a McCulloch. But that means shite, as my old fella said to me about Andy that he must be a distant relative. But hsi skills are still grand, really class work.

"Cactus Choir"? What in the bloody hell were you thinking, Vrooom?
Ian
ProjeKction Regular

Postby vrooom on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Ian wrote:"Cactus Choir"? What in the bloody hell were you thinking, Vrooom?

It was a £1 in the second hand record shop and I liked the cover and I was ignorant (still am).

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Yorkshire Square on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:42 pm

Ian wrote:As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be so engaged in this carry-on if Andrew wasn't a distant relative. My aul one is a McCulloch and so am I...

What, Ian "Bunnyman" McCulloch! :shock:

BTW, you can call me Yorkie. I'll call you Bunny. :lol:

And don't take my opinions to heart. Later on I can tell you all about the rock god that is John Wetton...
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby vrooom on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:50 pm

But I reckon "Echo" was a better drummer than McCullough... :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:27 pm

Later on I can tell you all about the rock god that is John Wetton...

You don't have tt tell me. Wetton is just the second best bassist to be in Crimso, after Levin (now nobody can have complaints about T-Lev, can they, lads?).

Plus, I've seen videos of his rendition of "Firth Of Fifth" with Steve Hackett and Ian McDonald - if only Genesis could be that good....
Ian
ProjeKction Regular

Postby Ian on Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:38 pm

vrooom wrote:But I reckon "Echo" was a better drummer than McCullough... :D

Darren

No, he wasn't..

And I've forgot to say that there's French blood running on my veins as well. My sour relationship with my aul fella made me a bearer of the Monneret surname rather than McCulloch.

So, no "Bunny" or "Bunnyman" for me, lest I'll pop ye in the proverbial kisser. I'm Ian Monneret, period.
Ian
ProjeKction Regular

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:56 am

Andy McCulloch is a great drummer. I don't know what he is doing now, but his playing on Lizard was really great. Very orchestral and very musical. It was sad that Michael Giles left the band, but I think Andy was an excellent (if not perfect) drummer to take the gig. I think Ian Wallace was awesome for King Crimson and of course Bill Bruford is arguably the best drummer for King Crimson. Pat Mastellotto certainly kept the reputation of the band always having great drummers and percussionists. Who can forget Jamie Muir! That guy was more than a percussionist. He was an all-out artist who painted with his instruments, wild stage presence and artistic outlook overall.

The only drummer I think they may have had for a very short time who was not cut out for the band was Jerry Marotta. An excellent drummer, but it would be interesting to see how he would have been in King Crimson. He was excellent with Peter Gabriel.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni