free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - John Wetton

John Wetton

What's an alumni? Is that what silver foil is made of? No, you buffoon - this is where you post about ex-members of the band.

Postby vrooom on Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:48 am

With Uriah Heep, JW is on "Return to Fantasy" and "High and Mighty". He contributes bass and backing vocals, but on that second album he is allowed to sign for one song (I think the song is "One Way or Another" but it has been at least a decade since I last played that record).

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:40 am

I just saw the music video for "Heat of the Moment" on VH1 classic. Man, does Wetton move his mouth like a cokehead or what? Christ, it's like watching a Dick Morris interview...
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:37 pm

The best thing Uriah Heep had going for them was the Roger Dean album covers. I would buy them in used record stores for $2 or $3 figuring, "If the music sucks, at least the cover is cool."
Image Image
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:09 am

It was reported on a BBC (I think) interview in 1982 with Asia that Wetton also was a percussionist. :o And the interviewer (Brian somebody or other) said he definitely knew that Wetton played some percussion on a few things, after Wetton kind of shrugged and laughed it off.

I wonder what those could be?
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:24 pm

Wetton also plays violin or the "fiddle"...just imagine two violinists in KC? :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Gilesfan on Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:13 pm

vrooom wrote:Wetton also plays violin or the "fiddle"...just imagine two violinists in KC? :D

Well, why didn't Fripp use him on USA instead of bringing in Eddie Jobson?! :lol:

I still don't get that whole decision. :?

I mean, Jobson is great and all, but why do you need him when you can have David Cross who was the original violin player in the band? Oh, and I am sure he can play piano too. The piano parts in "Exiles" can't be that difficult! Didn't Wetton play piano on "Exiles" on the original version?
Last edited by Gilesfan on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby octopus92 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:20 am

vrooom wrote:Wetton also plays violin or the "fiddle"...just imagine two violinists in KC? :D
Darren

I don't where I've read this but Wetton and Cross played occasionnally a violin-duet during the first gigs of the Larks' quintet...
Sadly, there's no records of this which are available somewhere... :cry:
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Gilesfan on Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:39 am

octopus92 wrote:
Darren

I don't where I've read this but Wetton and Cross played occasionnally a violin-duet during the first gigs of the Larks' quintet...
Sadly, there's no records of this which are available somewhere... :cry:

Really?! :shock:

I have never heard this story. I don't think it is even mentioned in Sid's book for crying out loud! :lol:
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby octopus92 on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:02 am

Gilesfan wrote:I have never heard this story. I don't think it is even mentioned in Sid's book for crying out loud! :lol:

I've just read it........................................."In the court of King Crimson" book.... :lol: :lol: ...
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Gilesfan on Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:01 pm

octopus92 wrote:
Gilesfan wrote:I have never heard this story. I don't think it is even mentioned in Sid's book for crying out loud! :lol:

I've just read it........................................."In the court of King Crimson" book.... :lol: :lol: ...

Well, exccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! :lol:

Been awhile since I read it.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni