free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Tony Levin

Tony Levin

What's an alumni? Is that what silver foil is made of? No, you buffoon - this is where you post about ex-members of the band.

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:39 pm

octopus92 wrote:Although our Tony is the greatest user of the Chapman Stick, "One thousand years" by our Trey Gunn is the best ever album of all the stick users ("Gordian knot" is not so far...) :wink:

I'm not going to disagree with that, but since you brought up "Gordian Knot", Sean Malone is pretty incredible too.

Added note: If anybody on the planet has not purchased the first "Gordian Knot" with Trey and Sean, you are really missing out on some incredible music.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Riverman on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:39 pm

And the second one's even more amazing.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:26 am

Cool clip, glad you're back to putting up stuff like this. Tony looks odd without the 'stache. Anyone got pictures of him with hair? That would be weird.
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby vrooom on Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:33 am

Fred Zappelin wrote:Anyone got pictures of him with hair? That would be weird.

He's the guy standing to the right of Peter Gabriel (on PG's left). :D

And he's the hairy guy in the centre of this pic. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby UberCirkus on Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:37 am

:shock: Wow, what a great clip of TLev back in the day.

Wonder why Tony's got his hands in his pockets...
UberCirkus

Postby Level_Five on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:22 am

tony levin, he's giving my receeding hairline hope. at 21, i know i'm moving in the right direction. 8)
Level_Five

stick video

Postby Guest on Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:55 pm

Short but sweet. I always dug the videos on this site. I must have missed something while on vacation because they were all gone when I returned. I'm just assumming it was more crap about copyright or pirating, but really. The videos are great and just inspire us, the buyers, to purchase more stuff so they, the sellers get rich. I say host the site offshore on Sealand or Lower Slobovia and let's watch videos! Yahoooo! :lol: I just can't believe I can watch a donkey doing nasty stuff with a young lady but no way are we going to let you watch King Crimson related videos. We have finally reached Hell and Ashlee Simpson is without a doubt .......SATAN!

Postby RYG on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:32 pm

The three pictures above: What years are they from?
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:41 pm

Top picture is 1977 - during PG's first tour.

Second picture is 1978 during the PG II album sessions (I have the album version of that with the original inner bag and there's a tiny little picture of TL with a beard on that).

I guess the last pic is from around 1980.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:28 pm

Darren wrote:
Top picture is 1977 - during PG's first tour.

Thanks. That is RF on the left, correct? I thought he had done away with the beard in 1974, after KC dissolved. That's why I was curious as to the date.

Also, I thought Tony and RF had only met in about 1980. Well, what do I know...
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni