free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Andy McCulloch

Andy McCulloch

What's an alumni? Is that what silver foil is made of? No, you buffoon - this is where you post about ex-members of the band.

Andy McCulloch

Postby Gilesfan on Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:13 am

When I first got Lizard, I was very skeptical and did not think I would like it due to its controversy. However, I am proudly one of its fans. :D

And the drumming of Andy McCulloch really caught my ears. :o Creative, imaginative, tasteful, intelligent, impromptu, very musical and with his own drum sound. Nice use of the Marimba, Tympani and Bell Tree also. :)

A really underrated drummer, I feel. From what I understand, he does not play anymore. I wonder what other bands he played in after King Crimson and was King Crimson his last major gig?

Seems that quite a few underrated players seem to get out of the music business or semi-retire (Gordon Haskell also comes to mind; did the King Crimson/RF experience sour their ambitions and desires for playing in bands, considering they left King Crimson around the same time?). I wonder if Andy was another "victim" of the music "business" and got sick and tired of it all and got out. :( What a shame when this happens! :cry:

Any thoughts or info on Andy McCulloch? :)
Last edited by Gilesfan on Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:36 pm

He appears on Anthony Phillips' "Back to the Pavilion" album and plays drums on the excellent Scottish Suite with Mike Rutherford.

Apart from that, the only other stuff in my collection that features AM is the Greenslade album "Bedside Manners are Extra" and "Greenslade".

For more info, he does have an entry on http://www.allmusic.com.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Re: Andy McCulloch

Postby Gilesfan on Mon May 26, 2008 9:34 am

Had no idea that Greg Lake and Andy McCulloch were ever in a band.

Pretty nice. Very 60's-ish. Really nice drumming.

Here they are.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: Andy McCulloch

Postby vrooom on Mon May 26, 2008 10:29 am

vrooom
Button Pusher

Return to Alumni