free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Fripp... Octaves

Fripp... Octaves

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Re: Fripp... Octaves

Postby Unsouled on Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:46 pm

That might explain why I couldn't find anything on it, however I do recall seeing *something* about a live performance with Adrian on vocals. Forget where now, though.

Also, meandering, what is cross-picking? I've read about it, I've "seen" it, I think I know what it accomplishes, and I still don't quite understand what it is itself.
Unsouled
ProjeKction Abecedarian

Postby Riverman on Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Unsouled wrote:That might explain why I couldn't find anything on it, however I do recall seeing *something* about a live performance with Adrian on vocals.

That would be '96... I think it was resurrected only toward the end of the Thrak touring cycle.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:50 am

Yorkshire Square wrote:
MarkSullivan wrote:I definitely hear octaves in the 80s live versions of Schizoid...

:?

In all the KCCC (as far as #35) I can find no post '74 Schizoid. I also have a good dozen or so downloads, principally DGMLive, from the 80's and can find none there either. In fact the only post '74 21CSM I can find is the P2 Live Groove track.

Any pointers, Mark?

Sorry, should have said 70s. I meant Fripp/Cross/Wetton/Bruford.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby crimcinnaman on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:33 am

Indyrod wrote:Too bad we don't have "King Crimson Live" any more for such questions. :|

It looks like someone is trying to revive it... King Crimson Live!. But I'm not sure it would answer this question. Plus it doesn't look like they've got any information past 1980 yet.
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion

Postby vrooom on Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 am

crimcinnaman wrote:It looks like someone is trying to revive it... King Crimson Live!.

I do believe that the time/space continuum is folding in on itself and this could be the end of the multiverse as we know it...you see people, what we have here is a bootlegged website about bootlegs. It's like staring into a singularity!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:20 pm

I think I seen KC play Schizoid man in Las Vegas in 95 or 96 with the double trio line up for their encore.... Yeah it sure would be nice to be able to see for sure at Crimson Live :( ....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Kc played schizoidman quite a few times in august of 96 I have a couple performances
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:32 pm

They played it during the Thrakattak tour. Funnily enough, it coincided with it being used by Dunlop tyres in a UK TV commercial...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:19 pm

vrooom wrote:I do believe that the time/space continuum is folding in on itself and this could be the end of the multiverse as we know it...you see people, what we have here is a bootlegged website about bootlegs. It's like staring into a singularity!

Darren

Since when is it a crime, even to DGM, to talk about bootlegs or even list them, as long as you aren't the one selling them? Seems like a freedom of press issue to me.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Indyrod wrote:Since when is it a crime, even to DGM, to talk about bootlegs or even list them, as long as you aren't the one selling them? Seems like a freedom of press issue to me.

I was just making a joke that perhaps a site about bootlegs might have been bootlegged itself (but on closer inspection, it seems that Nisimoto has resurrected his site). So nothing to get your boxers in a bunch about, old bean.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Fripp