free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Fripp... Octaves

Fripp... Octaves

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Re: Fripp... Octaves

Postby nisimoto on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:08 am

A bootleg version of King Crimson Live!...interesting.

As you cannot copyright the history.
anyone is free to use the data.
But he/she should not use the name "King Crimson Live!"
nor use the same/similar sucking design of the original.
nisimoto
ProjeKction Sensei

Postby vrooom on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:16 am

nisimoto wrote:A bootleg version of King Crimson Live!...interesting.

Thought so...

nisimoto wrote:As you cannot copyright the history.
anyone is free to use the data.
But he/she should not use the name "King Crimson Live!"
nor use the same/similar sucking design of the original.

Well one could argue it is a reference work and therefore quite copyrightable...for example, if you copied an encyclopaedia wholesale you would be in big trouble. Very cheeky whoever did it. Was it anyone from this place???

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby crimcinnaman on Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:44 pm

vrooom wrote:Very cheeky whoever did it. Was it anyone from this place???

No one from here would be smart enough!!!

The webmaster over at kCrimson Live! wrote:Good news!
I have received a communication from the creator of the King Crimson Live! website; the honorouble nisimoto. He gives his blessing for me to continue the work to his original site here as long as the following rules are met...

Dear kcrimsonlive@yahoo.com

I am the webmaster of the original "King Crimson live!" site.

If you would like to continue what you are doing now,
please state clearly on your web site that
(1) you are not the original "King Crimson live!" webmaster.
(2) you are not asked to do it for me,
but you're just doing it with your own decision.
You have to state you have nothing to do with me.
Also
(3) please do not use the same/simliar sucking designs as the original
site.
You have to do it with your own designs.
(4) Historical data have no copyrght,
but the reviews are copyrighted by the indivisual authors.
If you still want to have them on your site,
you need to get the permission from each author.

regards,
nisimoto

PS. Also
Please do not use the site name "King Crimson Live!".
You must have your own site name.

To comply with nisomoto's honourable request, let me clearly state the following:

1). I am not the original creator or webmaster of the King Crimson Live! website.

2). I have decided that the original King Crimson Live! website is too valuable a resource to abandon as the honourable nisimoto has done. Nowhere else, accessible to so many, can anyone find as extensive a resource on the live performances of the seminal band King Crimson. Nisimoto has not asked me to reload his site at this location. I have done it without asking his permission for my own selfish reasons and for the benefit of King Crimson enthusiasts throughout the world.

3). I beg of nisimoto to allow me to use his same/similar sucking designs. I have no interest in upgrading this site to Web 2.0, CSS style sheets or investing in any of the software out there to accomplish this. I am using Notepad, HTML freeware and my limited knowledge of basic HTML to recreate his extraordinary resource here. I pledge that if in the future someone else finds the time, determination and fortitude to make that leap, I will gladly shutdown this site and graciously point them to the new location.

Plain and simple this is a bootleg of the original King Crimson Live! site. On my hands and knees I beg that he allows me to continue his outstanding contribution to the King Crimson community of enthusiasts.

4). If anyone who had reviews posted at the original King Crimson Live! website that they would like to see posted here, please contact me at kCrimsonlive@yahoo.com.

I will not be posting, or soliciting reviews to be posted in the future. There are many King Crimson enthusiast sites and forums where this is already being encouraged and done. Please find a list of them in the King Crimson Links page and participate fully in those that you feel comfortable at.

Thank you,
Webmaster kCrimson Live!

I don't know, this sounds like Darren's work to me. Trying to throw the hounds off the scent old boy?
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Indyrod on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:14 pm

Great news to whoever it was, and yea, it does sound a little like Darren. :lol:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:58 pm

That's really scary...it does sound like me. Verbose, boring and sanctimonious - wait a minute, that's me! I think I've been bootlegged! My goodness, first it was Sid Smith nicking my news posting style on DGM Live and now this...the indignity of it all, but at least imitation is the highest form of flattery... I reckon Owen did it. ;-)

I would only do it with Nisimoto's permission. Again, maybe if we ask Nisimoto nicely we could use his information here and create a rival bootlegged bootleg site that looks a little prettier? Anyone interested in maintaining such a beast? :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Owen on Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 am

vrooom wrote:...the indignity of it all, but at least imitation is the highest form of flattery... I reckon Owen did it. ;-)

Now THAT was funny.
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby bongo on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:13 am

i am not sure how you mean playing octaves...hendrix, srv and many other powerhouse blues players always played octave notes either with the "octave fuzz" box, or by playing a 5th chord, without the 5th note, and only the one and the 8, muting the middle 5th note.

playing a "pedal tone" between an open string and 12th fret maybe?

fripp has always been about skipping notes in a scale, or skipping around scales, as belew is too. (larks part 1, 2 of a perfect pair, walk around the world, etc).
"get along little doggy."
bongo
ProjeKction Champion

Previous

Return to Fripp