free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Exposure

Exposure

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Postby Dog_none on Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Wow...I emailed DGM about the defective copy on Friday, and I had a replacement today. That's some impressive turnaround. Why can't they always be that fast?

Anyway, the remaster sounds great. It's not an album I've listened to much in the past, so I'm not particularly tied to one version or another. That said, I don't know what my preferences are. Based on my initial listens, I like Halls vocals on Mary and Exposure a little better than the first edition.

The *****ing of the offensive words is kind of lame. I wonder if so they could avoid a "Parental Guidance, Explicit Lyrics" sticker?
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Mark on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:18 am

So...uh...The first edition is the original vinyl edition? And the second edition is the remix that was done for the 1985 CD release? And the third edition is new for disc two of the recent release, and it's the second edition with Daryl Hall's original recordings replacing the remixes of the revoiced songs, which have been moved to the appendix?

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but the whole thing is a bit confusing to my currently-tired mind.
Mark
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Owen on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:47 am

All you need to know about any edition of Exposure:

1. It's good.

I hope that makes it easier for you.

O!
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby UnderTheShelteringSky on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:23 am

I have the limited edition of Exposure on mail order. 8) I hope that the second disc and the remaster is worth shelling out $15 for something I already have.
UnderTheShelteringSky
ProjeKction Fan

Postby Riverman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:04 pm

UnderTheShelteringSky wrote:I hope that the second disc and the remaster is worth shelling out $15 for something I already have.

It is.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:55 am

I'm not convinced on that, that "it is". Don't get me wrong, I love the album, whichever of the three ways I can now listen to it. I can't tell a lot of difference myself, except different singers singing the same songs. Maybe all bands should have different singers sing the same songs, so they can release all these versions later.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Riverman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:41 pm

Indyrod wrote:I can't tell a lot of difference myself, except different singers singing the same songs.

That's a pretty big difference right there (different songs done such different ways). Makes a big improvement over the simple-remastering-with-no-bonus-material treatment that almost all the KC albums got.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby diderot on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:33 pm

This release should be in every Crimhead collection.

What I didn't like in the mini-LP Edition was the opening inside the gatefold. It's hard to take the discs out.

Probably I'll burn a copy to listen in the car...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:46 pm

I actually listened to the original CD version of Exposure in the car today!! I've not yet bought the remastered version.

I would definately recommend it!!
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Mark on Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:58 am

I bought it on vinyl today for $5.
Mark
ProjeKction Groupie

PreviousNext

Return to Fripp