free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Exposure

Exposure

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Postby MarkSullivan on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:25 am

MiKcrobe wrote:That was cool. You can really hear the difference between 2 and 3 so imagine my shock and horror when I bought the CD after having been so used to Hammill's performance on the record. :shock: For a long time the CD sat on my shelf while I just continued to play the record instead as if the CD didn't exist. :cry:

Yeah, big difference. Sounds like the remaster of the original mix really pops--makes me want to hear the whole thing sooner rather than later. Hammill did such a great job re-doing the vocals that I'm going to have a hard time getting used to Hall's "original" versions.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby RYG on Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:20 pm

Hopefully someone can answer this....

Are there any exact versions of anything on the "Exposure" Re-master Limited edition 2-disc set and the Daryl Hall "Sacred Songs" release?
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:08 pm

RYG wrote:Are there any exact versions of anything on the "Exposure" Re-master Limited edition 2-disc set and the Daryl Hall "Sacred Songs" release?

No...the NYCNY that appears on Sacred Songs which was supposed to appear on the "Heartthrob" version of Exposure has been omitted, which is a bit of a shame really as this track kinda belongs on the new collection.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Dog_none on Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:09 am

Is anyone else having issues with disc 1? Mine skips around like a schoolgirl on the last 3 tracks. I haven't played disc 2 yet. Oh well, looks like it'll be another couple of weeks for me...
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby JDV72 on Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:01 am

I was listening to the "New York..." Hot Tickle while reading the Exposure Difference pages at ET. It says NY3 is basically the same on all versions. I compared it to my newly downloaded Heartthrob and they're the same. DGM says "CD2 presents a version of the 1983 remix\1985 reissue" Are the tracks shimmied about with the Remix NY3 as the last track? Also, from Darren's comment on Disengage II it seemed as though it was something new. True?
JDV72
ProjeKction Regular

Postby Riverman on Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:59 pm

Dog_none wrote:Is anyone else having issues with disc 1?

No, no problems here. Huh.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Dog_none on Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:06 am

Riverman wrote:
Dog_none wrote:Is anyone else having issues with disc 1?

No, no problems here. Huh.

They were pretty quick to offer up a replacement disc, so maybe there's a few defects out there.
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Indyrod on Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:49 pm

Dog_none wrote:Is anyone else having issues with disc 1? Mine skips around like a schoolgirl on the last 3 tracks. I haven't played disc 2 yet. Oh well, looks like it'll be another couple of weeks for me...

This is confusing Dog. Are you talking about the new "Exposure"? You said you have to wait for another couple of weeks, so I'm just trying to clarify this.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Dog_none on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:07 pm

Sorry.

The initial wait is over. I got my copy on Thursday. However, disc 1 skips around. So now I have to wait even longer for a replacement (though disc 2 is fine, so at least I have that to keep me occupied).
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Fred Zappelin on Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:29 pm

I can't say I like the '83 remix very much. I've had the original vinyl for a few years so I'm used to that. CD1 sounds awesome. This will be my vote for best re-release of '06. Anyone notice how on the printed lyrics for NY3, the offensive words have been censored?
Fred Zappelin
ProjeKction Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Fripp