free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Re: Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Postby vrooom on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 am

I really like crossing my legs - I also like sitting in the lotus position. Sometimes I sit with my legs splayed at a 45 degree angle because I have unfeasibly large testicles and I enjoy the feel of the breeze up my shorts. However, I only ever behave like this at home.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:26 pm

But if are wearing pants (and not shorts showing your testicles), why couldn't you sit this way? Man, Fripp is really getting old...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Methinks Fripp is having a joke at our expense. He's a very clever guy like that.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:34 pm

From RF's 3/16/09 diary entry:
"And what’s the future-good news? Steven Wilson is at Wilson World HQ mixing ITCOTCK in 5.1 & has reported the discovery of several outtakes."
I know there's a mixed feeling here about buying the KC albums YET AGAIN but as I've said before, if you have a 5.1 system and you've heard SACD, Hybrid or 5.1 CDs/DVDs with a 5.1 system then I believe we'll be in for a real treat, especially if the 5.1 mix albums have a second DVD with outtakes, videos and more.
It certainly seems like they're going to do these releases right (time spent on them and all). Only time will tell, of course, but I think they have the right guy doing the technical work on the albums. ITCotCK should be expecially well received because, I believe, all of the original master reels have been found so the sound quality SHOULD be stellar (or at least better than we've heard before).
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:07 pm

I'll buy them because I am a mindless fucking idiot...

Also, they will give me something to complain about...or at least I will try and find something wrong with them in order to fuel our personal war with the DGM Kwality Kontrol Dept (waves fist impotently at screen and grimaces in a threatening manner).
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:49 pm

It doesn't matter if Steven Wilson does a good job if someone at DGM swap the channels or release the disc in 2.0 instead 5.1. :roll:

I hope they'll be more careful with this release...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:36 am

Forget that 5.1 crap...

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?arti ... ntry=14009

An interesting offer has come in for a KC ProjeKct.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby jtmack on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:17 am

From the Chamber of Venality
"In response to the question – when is KC going out again? – one possible answer might be:

When the Crims walks onstage, they bring 100%. To match their 100%, this represents 500% for me: because of the invisible 80%.

That’s roughly indicated, but roughly accurate nonetheless.:"

When is Fripp and SW going to make new tunes? The new most all English Crim will be :mrgreen: !
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:23 pm

So no P7 dates but it looks he still thinking of P7 dates some in kind of form. Below is from Fripp's diary of 8th of April

A morning of e-fury addressing a range of topics including Guitar Craft on Raft Island, Seattle at the end of May; and ProjeKct Seven – new projekcting! new terror! P7 will not be going out in the support slot for Porcupine Tree’s Euro Tour this Autumn, a decision governed almost completely by practicalities. However, the performance of solo Soundscapes supporting The Humans, in Tartu, Estonia, this May 1st., is in go mode.

Curious who will be part of P7 beside Fripp/Belew :roll:

Fred
He who tries to be his own teacher
becomes his favorite student.
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby jtmack on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:32 am

Fripp's Diary wrote:
Friday, 16th July 2010

Bredonborough.

To Adrian Belewbeloid…

eeeeeeeeeeeeerrrghhhhhhhh!

dear old bud,

on bill's website...on the re-union thing, and asking would I do an 80’s KC? Not if I can help it! It’s precisely because I loved the 80s band so much that I would be highly unlikely to try to recreate the same thing, a mission I fear destined to failure. My experience of reunions, has, on the whole, been underwhelming.

i've been giving this lotsa thought since our call. the quick answer is, there are other things for me to do that are more important. like, putting aside the first 9 months of 2011 for writing. so, the positive approach is, rather than saying no, i can't say yes.

it's actually not a bad idea, although if i thought about it seriously, i would break into uncontrolled twitching. so, bill has let me off the hook.

my own question would be: can we play this music as well today as 30 years ago? i'm not sure we could. which would then lead to: so what would we play? that leads into new material for those people today, and that is a reach too far for me right now.

so, not a no, but a very long way from yes (please forgive the pun).
i miss the basement & my pals the belewbeloids & drinking monster margaritas with you!

xxx eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarghhh!

xxx boppin' bobby

I guess I don't get out much anymore to "Fripp's Diary" so you guys have probably seen this. :roll:
New material sound interesting I wish it would happen.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to Fripp