free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Robert Fripp's Diary @ DGM

Postby monokchrome on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:16 am

Robert Fripp wrote:Wednesday 1st. June, 2005

Los Molinos.

Gigster's Instinct and long experience suggests that, in whatever strange bed & whichever distant location you may be in, have your shoes, knickers, torch & (in my case) spectacles, close to hand. If an earthquake wakes you (such as with Sister in San Francisco on the last major tremor); or the hotel fire alarm goes off (infrequent but reliable) & guests have to assemble, shivering, on the street – then you are prepared to move in a hurry. Or, as this morning, you wake at six and look up to see a loony standing motionless at the foot of the bed.

This is not the first course where a student has wandered into my room, late at night and/or early in the morning, with not all sandwiches packed for the picnic. The last time this happened (in Sicily), the student began examining the contents of my suitcase for the guitar I had hidden inside – the guitar that was to be my surprise present to them.

08.44 Hernan & Alessandro took care of our fellow, lifted him off the floor of my room where he had collapsed, and put him in the early ride to the airport, sharing with Hellboy Tom.

However careful we are in selecting students, and ours is an open & accepting approach, it is not possible to account for the mental & emotional stability of all.

:lol: Goodness, that is quite funny... I wonder how his immediate reaction would have looked. Hope he didn't get 'flashed'. We know how ole Frippster hates to get flashed... *chuckles*
monokchrome
ProjeKction Regular

Postby jtmack on Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:43 am

In RF's blog he wrote:This is not the first course where a student has wandered into my room, late at night and/or early in the morning, with not all sandwiches packed for the picnic. The last time this happened (in Sicily), the student began examining the contents of my suitcase for the guitar I had hidden inside – the guitar that was to be my surprise present to them.

Wow, how many more times does this have to happen before RF locks his door? I don’t want to lose him because a mentally ill person has that kind of access to RF.

Monokchrome wrote:Laughing Goodness, that is quite funny... I wonder how his immediate reaction would have looked. Hope he didn't get 'flashed'. We know how ole Frippster hates to get flashed... *chuckles*

I think he would have fliped out, like he did anyway. Who could blame him.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Owen on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:48 pm

Wednesday 20th. July, 2005: E-mails are arriving with reports on the new DGM website. The launch has been delayed for two main reasons: the site-under-construction was hacked & required almost complete re-structuring; RK Carruthers Esq. & Classic Rock Productions drew much of our attention from creative concerns.

(no comment)
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:06 pm

In September, it will be approximately a year since the new DGM website was first touted for launch.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby RYG on Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:49 pm

Yeah, there is a trand: the KCCC #16 free re-master was first proclaimed in April 2002. Its been 2 1/2 years and still no disk (and I don't want the download version -- I want a tangible disk with cover art and liner notes). And it's already been 1 1/2 years since KC did anything together other than a couple days of "brushing up". Things just happen slooooooooow in Crim-land. They are all getting older but c'mon already.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby aspic tongue on Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:46 pm

When I recieved KCCC16 I emailed them saying the speed was wrong they never even responded . I definitely feel ripped off and I definitely don't think it's very "ethical" of DGM to just sweep the whole thing under the rug. RF mentions the Classic Rock situation delayed the new site as well as it being hacked (how can you hack a site that isn't even online or am i misssing something?)
aspic tongue
ProjeKction Acolyte

Just the Craftys count

Postby jtmack on Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:14 pm

I wish RF would get his shit together. So as we sit and wait ,another year without KC goes by. What kind of excuses are we getting? Bad vibes and Classic Rock’s release of a dvd. In the mean time the KC members are drifting further apart without an anchor or a helmsman at the helm . In a nutshell , lost at sea ...........I really don’t give a shit about the “new site” It’s just another way of regurgitating the same old, same old over and over...:roll: The really sad thing is that RF could care less about his fans.....Just the Craftys :?
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Looks like we're all going to have to become Crafties to touch the hem of RF's sleeve, JT... :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 pm

Owen wrote:
Wednesday 20th. July, 2005: E-mails are arriving with reports on the new DGM website. The launch has been delayed for two main reasons: the site-under-construction was hacked & required almost complete re-structuring; RK Carruthers Esq. & Classic Rock Productions drew much of our attention from creative concerns.

(no comment)

For time this site takes to be lauched I expect it to be a fantastic-ultra-hype website, but expectation is a prison... (spl?)

Meanwhile I'll be listening to the one of the few availbale Club 16 CDs: a Russian bootleg! (I found no pitch problem; am I wrong or did the Russian fix that?)
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Wed Aug 03, 2005 12:28 am

diderot wrote:Meanwhile I'll be listening to the one of the few availbale Club 16 CDs: a Russian bootleg! (I found no pitch problem; am I wrong or did the Russian fix that?)

That's just fucking sad. Not you diderot, but the fact that a Russian bootleg has the problem fixed, and DGM sits on their ass. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Next

Return to Fripp