free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - A "non-touring RF"?

A "non-touring RF"?

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

A "non-touring RF"?

Postby Radius on Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:37 pm

Hi,
What do you think about the fact that Fripp says on his diary that he don't want go in tour anymore?
What about King Crimson new line up?
By
Tiz
Radius

Postby jtmack on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:40 pm

First of all welcome aborad. He (Fripp) said that he would not tour in conventional way. What does that mean? I can only guess, you won't be seeing the grueling 25 of 30 day tour schedule of the past few tours. I don't think that it means that he/they(KC) aren't going to play live anymore. I don't blame him for not wanting to tour like that anymore. They will probably play a few show's in a select city.
Hopefully a few times a year here in LA :twisted: Ha ha ha. But probably in Nashville, darn it :cry: . Maybe someone that know's much more than me can put some light on this.
~Jt
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby jtmack on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:38 pm

Here's where we posted about it before http://www.projekction.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2144
Enjoy I guess. :roll: I think that T-Gunn will be back in and TL out to busy just my guess. Oh I can wish can't I. Allway's look at the main guess book you'll find just about every thing there. http://www.projekction.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1315
~Jt
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Radius on Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:01 pm

I don't know what I have to think about it, it's seems to be so strange...take the last diary entry, in particular take a look at the "three reasons to stop touring"...it seems that he's joeking.
Ok, it has the right to take all the decisions he want but he have to not forget:
1) that he decided to bring on his back the weight and the responsibility of the name King Crimson
2) that King Crimson needs three enitities to live: music, fripp, fans

it's a sort of snake that bites his tail
Radius

Postby vrooom on Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:24 pm

Don't worry. I am sure there will be plenty of product for you to buy at the DGM store.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Radius on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:00 pm

i'm sure about that...i'm not sure about other things...but, have you recived my mail? i write you two days ago at your address mail@....
Radius

Postby vrooom on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:14 pm

Radius wrote:have you recived my mail? i write you two days ago at your address mail@....

Yes.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Radius on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:17 pm

vrooom wrote:
Radius wrote:have you recived my mail? i write you two days ago at your address mail@....

Yes.

Darren

...this is hope
Radius

Postby vrooom on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:23 pm

Radius wrote:
vrooom wrote:

Yes.

Darren

...this is hope

I am not sure what you are hoping for. I read your email with interest, but I don't think I have anything to offer you musically, I am afraid. I am not a King Crimson fan who makes music, I am a music fan who makes music and have no interest in tribute bands or emulating my musical "heroes". I leave that to people who are more technically proficient of doing this, such as yourself.

But thanks for getting in touch. I always admire those with English as a second language who take the time and trouble to contact me. That takes REAL effort. I guess I should make more of an effort to learn a second language myself!

Regards,

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Radius on Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:42 pm

I have no hope with you, it's only a...how to say in english "citazione"? ;-)

But I think that my english is not clear because probably you don't understand well what I try to write you.
First because my works (a part the triple tribute CD release on Mellow Records label) are not studio recordings of Crimson cover songs.
Second because I don't want nothing from you, I simple write that, if you want, i can send you somethings

But looking to your site (to your songs and to your instrumentation) it seems very strange that you have not connections with your "musical heroes"
Radius

Next

Return to Fripp