free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Contradictory old bugger or what?

Contradictory old bugger or what?

Seen something about the guy that looks like a mushroom? Perhaps you just want to comment on his diaries? Post all that Fripperholic stuff here.

Postby vrooom on Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:33 am

Of course, the big question is whether or not ol' RF paid for his ticket or ponced a free one from Rieflin. If he did get a freebie that could be construed as contradictory as he has often written in his diary in the negative about people wanted free tickets to KC shows.

But hey, who cares? I am just horrified that RF would go to a bland-a-thon that is a REM concert. Jeez - he might as well listen to James Last records and be done with it. :P

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Chip Orr on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:21 am

REM was a very fine live band both times that I saw them (both pre-Rieflin).
Chip Orr
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:53 am

Chip Orr wrote:REM was a very fine live band both times that I saw them (both pre-Rieflin).

I didn't say they weren't a fine live band...I just said that at this moment in time they are dull, dull, dull, dull, dull. We all know why the majority of people bother to buy a ticket to a REM gig...to hear the opening notes of "Losing my Religion". Whoopee! Talk about whipping a dead horse. :roll:

I can categorically say that REM is far removed from their beginnings and now only appeals to middle-class, middle-of-the-road, middle-aged, effete wankers.

There - that ought to do it. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Riverman on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:39 am

vrooom wrote:If he did get a freebie that could be construed as contradictory as he has often written in his diary in the negative about people wanted free tickets to KC shows.

Well, that's what I was saying. It's frowned on (or Unacceptable) at RF performances since he's got a problem with it, but who says it's unacceptable at REM shows? It's a question of what's appropriate for the situation, not what's appropriate across the board.

And I'm far from a middle-aged wanker, but I love REM's newer output as well...
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby scorched earth on Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:25 am

Glad Riverman and Chip responded, I started to, but the irrationality of the critiques of Fripp here just make me give up after awhile.

Yeah, I kinda doubt Fripp called or emailed a member of REM and said can I please have a free ticket? Don't you think Bill Rieflin contacted Fripp and offered to put him on the guest list? And don't you suspect his presence was as much in support of a friend who asked if he'd like to go as out of any burning desire to see REM? It would be hypocritical if he went backstage totally unconcerned with what the other band members felt, but don't you think because of his sensitivity to the matter he was reassured he was very much welcomed? Peter Buck was probably happy to provide Fripp with a sandwich, lol (and Fripp probably wouldn't mind say Paul McCartney visiting backstage either). But that's right god forbid you make any generous assumptions about Fripp around here.

PS...and it's not like no-one is ever invited backstage to KC shows either. I've heard of others who use these forums being invited backstage, and in fact, much to my great surprise, during the intermission of the P2 show in Ventura, the manager of the theater told me I was invited backstage by the band after the show. (I didn't know what to make of that and didn't pursue it.)
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:47 am

Riverman wrote:And I'm far from a middle-aged wanker, but I love REM's newer output as well...

You poor, poor boy. If you visit your doctor and ask nicely, he'll syringe your ears for you. :P

Scorched Earth wrote:But that's right god forbid you make any generous assumptions about Fripp around here.

I've said it many times before: if you don't like what goes on here, don't visit. If this site isn't for you, there are other sites that will cater to your particuar world view. You already have KCNN and Planet Admin to play with, so why bother with a website that annoys and confounds you? I don't understand why anyone would come here if it annoys them. That's the precise reason I don't visit those websites. But I guess that's up to you guys...free will and all that... :roll:

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Chip Orr on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Darren wrote: <snip> free will and all that... :roll:

Darren

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
blah, blah, blah,
I will choose free will.

Rush: "Hell, yeah!" or "For the middle-aged, effete wankers"? Discuss.
Chip Orr
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:17 pm

Chip Orr wrote:I will choose free will.

Are you sure? Or maybe your decision was an automatic response, pre-conditioned from years and years of your peers telling you that you had free will? You are a hamster, running for all his life on the plastic wheel we call habit and desire.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Chip Orr on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:24 pm

I think, therefore I might be. But then again, who really knows?
Chip Orr
ProjeKction Freak

Postby vrooom on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:35 pm

I don't think any of us are really here...

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to Fripp