free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 41 - Live Zurich, Nov. 15, 1973

KCCC 41 - Live Zurich, Nov. 15, 1973

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Re: KCCC 41 - Live Zurich, Nov. 15, 1973

Postby vrooom on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Ah yes, the Bearsville thing... It's more stuff like the Champaign Urbana sessions. Tunes that appeared on TOAPP and that.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Owen on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Geno wrote:I believe Bearsville was '83. Either that, or this new disc is another batch from the Champaign-Urbana tapes.

There were actually four recording sessions in '83 - Champaign-Urbana (Jan), Arny's Shack (May), Marcus Studio (June) & Bearsville (Nov).

--------------

Work on the follow-up to Beat started at Champaign-Urbana in January (as documented on KCCC21) and then to Arny’s Shack in Dorset in May 1983. The sessions were hard going as the band struggled to write new material although Industry and Dig Me grudgingly emerged. Then the action changed location to Marcus Studio, in London where Beat had been recorded in June.

Here the band worked on a series of ideas that would eventually bear fruit. Yoli Yoli (available for purchase at Adrian Belew’s website) was a return to Waiting Man and the beginnings of Sleepless and Larks Tongues In Aspic Part III were amongst the tracks approached in outline.

As can be heard here, elements of these last two tracks were initially bound together before being slowly nudged apart three months later when Fripp visited Adrian in Champaign-Urbana, and finally separated in the sessions with the whole band at Bearsville studios in upstate New York in November 1983.

http://www.dgmlive.com/archive.htm?artist=6&show=1219

-------------

Aside from one track apiece from each session available at DGM Live and Store Belew (see the two links above) the two UK sessions have not been released or even leaked via trade/boot (to my knowledge).
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:36 pm

I am so pissed, I have still not received my DGM order made almost two months ago. Since then I have received at least five DVDs from other retailers, and one CD from Wayside Music, that took only a couple of days to reach me. AND, as everybody knows, I paid for the damn things at the time of the order being placed. Hard to believe. :evil:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Dog_none on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 am

Man, you must have really pissed them off at some point. I order from them several times a year and have never had anywhere near the amount of issues you seem to have.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby vrooom on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 am

His name is on "the list"...

Your name isn't on "the list" because you, well... You are one of THEM now...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:55 am

Indyrod wrote:I am so pissed, I have still not received my DGM order made almost two months ago. Since then I have received at least five DVDs from other retailers, and one CD from Wayside Music, that took only a couple of days to reach me. AND, as everybody knows, I paid for the damn things at the time of the order being placed. Hard to believe. :evil:

Definitely there must be something wrong with your shipment as I received mine, posted on Sept 25th, yesterday.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:52 pm

diderot wrote:
Indyrod wrote:I am so pissed, I have still not received my DGM order made almost two months ago. Since then I have received at least five DVDs from other retailers, and one CD from Wayside Music, that took only a couple of days to reach me. AND, as everybody knows, I paid for the damn things at the time of the order being placed. Hard to believe. :evil:

Definitely there must be something wrong with your shipment as I received mine, posted on Sept 25th, yesterday.

Even where you live, that's still pretty long. I sent them another e-mail today, and it was pretty to the point. I don't know what the problem is, I don't think it was ever sent. The irony of it, is that I forget to include the RED BOX with that order. I did order it from Deep Discount, and received it this week. It's ridiculous, and I would ask for a refund, but I want the damn music. :roll:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:13 pm

I had a similar thing happen to me with Cakewalk (they do music production software). I'd ordered the latest software version of Sonar from them and it didn't turn up. I emailed to ask where it was and was told that the courier reported that it "couldn't be delivered" - which was a lot of baloney because there's always someone at this place...always. So I email again and whinge some more and the guy promises to re-send it. Weeks pass, nothing happens. I email again and the guy apologises and tells me it was never sent. He sends it again and I get it a few days later. On the upside, he let me download some music software for free as compensation (valued at about £60), which kind of covered the cost of my upgrade.

The moral of the story: continue to moan and whinge...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:28 am

Indyrod wrote:Even where you live, that's still pretty long.

Sure... In fact they sent it on October 9th as printed in the package, although the order status (and their e-mail) states it was sent on Sept 25th...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Yorkshire Square on Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 am

diderot wrote:
Indyrod wrote:Even where you live, that's still pretty long.

Sure... In fact they sent it on October 9th as printed in the package, although the order status (and their e-mail) states it was sent on Sept 25th...

DGM routinely lie about their dispatch dates. Why, I can't imagine; when the parcel does arrive, it displays the posting date quite clearly and demonstrates that whilst they may be small and mobile, they certainly ain't ethical or transparent. I now avoid them for everything except KCCC items and these I buy in batches of two or three.

Having said that, I ordered the Remasters (Court, Red and Lizard) from Burning Shed over a week ago, and they haven't landed yet despite being in the same country as me. Ho hum...
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to KCCC