free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 39 - Live in Milan - 2003

KCCC 39 - Live in Milan - 2003

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Re: KCCC 39 - Live in Milan - 2003

Postby octopus92 on Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:28 pm

There's a good chance that KCCC 41 will be the complete Zurich November 1973 show ! :D

KCCC 38 is really disappointing, very bad mix and flat sound but KCCC39 is on the way to my home with the UKZ EP and the new Trey Gunn solo album !! :P
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Dog_none on Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I've had KCCC39 for a few weeks but am ashamed to say that I am listening to it for the first time right now. Currently at the beginning of the the vocal section of TCOL. So far it's a solid show. Very solid. I agree that the sudden intro of audience noise was a little akward at the end of the soundscape. But whatever. Hearing this sadly underappreciated band in its prime is always a treat.

They'll probably never top Kingston (unless they release the 2nd night of Chicago in March, or NYC in Nov, or the better European shows) but this is still a great show and I'm sure my neighbors would prefer I start listening to Eno again.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby jtmack on Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:56 am

Dog wrote:Hearing this sadly unappreciated band in its prime is always a treat

Agreed, they are my all time favorite Krim line up. I still waiting for DGM to release other 2003 (west coast) shows! I'll be waiting long time for sure.
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:43 am

octopus92 wrote:There's a good chance that KCCC 41 will be the complete Zurich November 1973 show ! :D

Really. I wasn't aware of this. Was this announced/implied by someone at DGM?
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby octopus92 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:24 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:
octopus92 wrote:There's a good chance that KCCC 41 will be the complete Zurich November 1973 show ! :D

Really. I wasn't aware of this. Was this announced/implied by someone at DGM?

It was mentionned as a possible donwload last year but, as there were no news, I've simply asked "what happened ?" to Alex at DGM : he told me last week it will be a future KCCC, so I suppose it could be KCCC 41 (or perhaps 42 if something was on the list before... :) ) !
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:13 am

Sir Octopus, I was foolish to doubt you. A little bit of research turns up this:

http://www.dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?diar ... ntry=12109

"Mr. Stormy is in DGM SoundWorld I working on KC Zurich in 1973. This is the performance that The Mincer was taken from. Mr. Stormy has assembled & re-assembled the show from different sources & is preparing the comped complete show for a KCCC release"

Let's hope you're right and we get to see it next month! That'd be an instant buy for me.
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Glenn Seitz on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:18 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:Let's hope you're right and we get to see it next month! That'd be an instant buy for me.
That would be a great release. In addition to The Mincer, that's the gig with the Easy Money from your recent video clip under "Finally, more '74 ORTF Footage". I know the tape isn't in the best of shape, but it sounds like they're going to somehow patch it together. It would be great to have LTIA II on the end of Talking Drum (it cuts off there at the end of the last CD of The Great Deceiver box-set.

By the way, the California Guitar Trio is going to be at the Granada on Saturday, 2-28-09. Any interest in going?
Glenn Seitz
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:24 am

Glenn Seitz wrote:
Whiskey Vengeance wrote:Let's hope you're right and we get to see it next month! That'd be an instant buy for me.
That would be a great release. In addition to The Mincer, that's the gig with the Easy Money from your recent video clip under "Finally, more '74 ORTF Footage". I know the tape isn't in the best of shape, but it sounds like they're going to somehow patch it together. It would be great to have LTIA II on the end of Talking Drum (it cuts off there at the end of the last CD of The Great Deceiver box-set.

By the way, the California Guitar Trio is going to be at the Granada on Saturday, 2-28-09. Any interest in going?

Ah, I'm afraid I couldn't make it, seeing how I'm between jobs and all. Cursed economy....
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby Glenn Seitz on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 am

Whiskey Vengeance wrote:Cursed economy....
I'm still gainfully employed. The tickets were very cheap. I would have bought one for you (and a few beers).
Glenn Seitz
ProjeKction Champion

Postby Whiskey Vengeance on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:22 am

Wow, man, that would have been fucking great! I'll have to take a raincheck.

Now if only Ade would come back to the Granada...
Whiskey Vengeance
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Previous

Return to KCCC