free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 34 - Projekct Three - Live in Alexandria, 2003

KCCC 34 - Projekct Three - Live in Alexandria, 2003

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby dr.z on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:28 pm

Two Questions:
1.) How is the sound quality? Could someone possibly upload a short sample?
2.) Does one of the Improvs contain Seizure? Somewhere i read a setlist of this gig and the second piece was called "LEVEL 5 / C POWER / THRAKKING"
dr.z
ProjeKction Acolyte

Postby Krimzep on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:16 pm

dr.z wrote:Two Questions:
1.) How is the sound quality? Could someone possibly upload a short sample?
2.) Does one of the Improvs contain Seizure? Somewhere i read a setlist of this gig and the second piece was called "LEVEL 5 / C POWER / THRAKKING"

search the forum, there is a post concerning this gig somewhere
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Re: KCCC 34 - Projekct Three - Live in Alexandria, 2003

Postby MarkSullivan on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:27 pm

Finally bought this...must be the first physical CD I've purchased in two years or more. Good stuff! I like the mix of stripped-down Power To Believe tracks and improvs. In fact I think this may motivate me to do some compare and contrast with other ProjeKct Three recordings. I'll be especially interested to hear how different Pat's choices are. I only noticed one digital blat during playback, so it didn't bother me as much as it seems to have bothered others.

While I was at the DGM shop I also bought one of the new In The Court black T-shirts. Excellent! It's a really sharp shirt; I recommend it if you've been on the fence about ordering one.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:16 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:I only noticed one digital blat during playback, so it didn't bother me as much as it seems to have bothered others.

Was it the high fuzzy stuff during "Power Circle"? That threw me a tad at first, but once I got used to it, it seemed to fit well as just another part of the soundscapey stuff.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:55 am

Riverman wrote:
MarkSullivan wrote:I only noticed one digital blat during playback, so it didn't bother me as much as it seems to have bothered others.

Was it the high fuzzy stuff during "Power Circle"? That threw me a tad at first, but once I got used to it, it seemed to fit well as just another part of the soundscapey stuff.

Yeah, when I listened again I tried to pay closer attention. That's the noise I was remembering, about 10 minutes in on that track. It sounds like digital overload to me: can't tell if it's in the master or happened during the CD mastering/manufacturing process.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Previous

Return to KCCC