free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby MarkSullivan on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:40 pm

vrooom wrote:
Frippery wrote:Please excuse me for being a silly boy

Dude, we are all silly boys here. So welcome to the club!

Darren

Boy, ain't that the truth. We don't have any women frequenting this place nowadays--the old regulars defected to Planet Crimson (all two of them). Unless I'm missing some estrogen hiding behind one of the newer user names!
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:53 pm

I keep meaning to put a sign on the door saying "No women allowed!". They only cause trouble, don't ya know.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby diderot on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:05 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:
vrooom wrote:
Frippery wrote:Please excuse me for being a silly boy

Dude, we are all silly boys here. So welcome to the club!

Darren

Boy, ain't that the truth. We don't have any women frequenting this place nowadays--the old regulars defected to Planet Crimson (all two of them). Unless I'm missing some estrogen hiding behind one of the newer user names!

Don't forget Margie, although she said she wouldn't come back...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:37 am

diderot wrote:Don't forget Margie, although she said she wouldn't come back...

Like I said, women are trouble...

Fingers crossed, eh?

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby The Crimson Fox on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:42 am

Hey Daz

a few questions.

What is your favourite all time Crimson album and track?

Will Bill Bruford ever return to King Crimson (yawn!!)

Opinion on Soundscapes

I bet its on the site anyway but Im still unfamiliar with the site

Frippery
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby vrooom on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:49 am

Frippery wrote:Hey Daz

a few questions.

I am honoured. You make me feel important and that my opinions actually mean something. Thank you.

Frippery wrote:What is your favourite all time Crimson album and track?

Good question. My favourite album is probably Larks' Tongues in Aspic because it was the one that made me sit up and listen. However, I think "The Power to Believe" is also a powerful release. My favourite track is probably "The Power to Believe II" which is just sublime. Of course, these opinions will and do change.

Frippery wrote:Will Bill Bruford ever return to King Crimson (yawn!!)

Personally, I hope not. I doubt he'd return, but then I never thought I'd ever see him on the same stage as Chris Squire and Alan White and I did. So you never really know...

Frippery wrote:Opinion on Soundscapes

You paint this question with a very broad brush stroke. I like soundscapes and Frippertronics. They fascinate me. Not too keen on his discordant or experimental scapes, preferring the soothing, ambient variety.

I hope these answers are helpful.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Krimzep on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Frippery wrote: Will Bill Bruford ever return to King Crimson (yawn!!)

Frippery

Hmmm .. why the yawn after your question?

it seems you dont care for brufords playing!?

if thats the case then here is my opinion on Bill and Kc :D

bill bruford is the most imaginative drummer playing today, he is never at a loss for a new and unheard rhythm or beat.

his work with projeKct one is no less than spectacular as is everything he has ever done with KC or anyone else.

I am always blown away by his timing and Bill makes it all look easy.

I can pretty much anticipate what and where other drummers are goeing but I can never really guess what Bill will do next

His drumming is always fresh, and the extensive use of the rim of his drums to create speedy mini rhythms with projekct One shows just how versitile Bill is.

Bill Bruford is every bit as much a part of King Crimson as Robert Fripp.

personally I would like to see Fripp take a break. I am completely tired of his "Motif" guitar playing even though I love it , every time I hear him start his "Motif" I say to my self "there it is again" it leaves nothing to the imagination and I feel its time Fripp came up with something new.

I have as many Kc albums and concerts as the next guy and if you listen to all the stuff from say 96 on you will hear Fripp play the same solo albeit slightly different from time to time but the same Feel and atmosphere on almost every piece.

its all over the rehearsals its all over the projeKct box set its all over the Heavy ConstryuKction discs its everywhere and as soon as Fripp starts playing it I know exactally what is next and that bothers me.

what ever happen to playing real melodies or jazz stylings on his guitar.

Fripp needs to come out from under his rig and just play guitar .

one of my fav Fripp solos is on the Night watch CD Fripps solo during easy money is so patient and controled really showing his his potential as a jazz guitarist. { " and I am not suggesting that Fripp should only play jazz"}

I would just like to pick up a new Kc release with out that solo popping up on 4 out of 7 tracks.

If you listen very intently to all the rehearsals and all the live performances on the projeKcts box set you will see that time after time the Other members are playing stuff I have never heard them play before all except fripp .

I know his "motif" so well that when i hear it on an a newly bought or traded disc that it almost puts me off my listening. if it were not for the fact that the others keep astounding me I would have dropped Kc a long time ago .

The Three Bs of Drumming.

Bonham. !

Bruford. !

Bozzio.!
Last edited by Krimzep on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:33 pm

Bruford's moved on.

KC has moved on.

Deal with it.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby jtmack on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:53 pm

Interesting Krimzep, but if you continue be so critical of RF Sid won’t let you ride you’re noisy motor bike at the new DGM guess book.*insert rolling eyes emoticon here* You’ll be stuck here with the rest of us outlawed noisy motor bikers...... Don’t agree but at least you are giving your real thoughts on RF. Darren is right, I read somewhere (PC by SE) that if BB thought he could play something that would make RF smile he would come back, or something like that....
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Krimzep on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:54 pm

vrooom wrote:Bruford's moved on.

KC has moved on.

Deal with it.

Darren

did I say something wrong?

your reply suggests that I have miffed you..

if discussing Bills merits here is taboo, please forgive me.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

PreviousNext

Return to KCCC