free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:42 pm

In my opinion the best Collectors Club CD has to be ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe. I have all the KCCC CD's and this is the one I have listened to the most.

Everytime I hear it something new appears in the mix. I would be intrigued to find out how the 3 suites were compiled i.e. What nights different sections were played etc. 2ii3, 4i1 I dont suppose I will ever find this information out.

Does anyone know if this is infact the last time Bruford and Fripp played together in a touring unit or in the studio etc.

Lately though the Collector's Club has been disappointing for me. I havent even purchased Club 30 yet. The reviews on the DGM site for this are appalling. I think Fripp's original vision of the KCCC has disappeared. It's as if nobody cares about it anymore. Where is the remastered Club 16 which was promised about 3 years ago? Why are new KCCC's released every 6 months these days?
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Re: ProjeKct One - Live At The Jazz Cafe

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:47 pm

Frippery wrote:Everytime I hear it something new appears in the mix. I would be intrigued to find out how the 3 suites were compiled i.e. What nights different sections were played etc. 2ii3, 4i1 I dont suppose I will ever find this information out.?

The track names indicate the night, the set and the order in the set. So 4i1 was the fourth night (12/4/97) first set, first song. 2ii3 is the second night, second set, third song. And so on.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:51 pm

Do you know the actual nights used to compile the Jazz Cafe Suites on Club 22? It's total mystery to me!!
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Riverman on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:10 pm

P1 only played four shows sometime in December '97 (I believe in the first week of the month), so that's where all the material comes from.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby evktalo on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:08 pm

King Crimson Live! has two "DisseKction ProjeKcts" by a fellow called Vargan. The other is THRaKKaTTaK, the other P1 Suites.

Here's the link:

http://members.aol.com/kingcrimsonlive/

http://members.aol.com/kingcrimsonlive/p1suite.htm

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby Indyrod on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:23 pm

****useless remark now****** :wink:
Last edited by Indyrod on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:35 pm

No problem. I moved this to the KCCC folder. I don't mind cleaning up after you boys. Afterall, that's what I am here for, I guess.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:48 pm

vrooom wrote:No problem. I moved this to the KCCC folder. I don't mind cleaning up after you boys. Afterall, that's what I am here for, I guess.

Darren

Hi Darren

Thanks very much for that. I had realised after I had done it. Only joined last night, so please excuse me for being a silly boy

Best wishes

Frippery
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby vrooom on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:15 pm

Frippery wrote:Please excuse me for being a silly boy

Dude, we are all silly boys here. So welcome to the club!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:40 pm

evktalo wrote:King Crimson Live! has two "DisseKction ProjeKcts" by a fellow called Vargan.

The Vargan is a cool guy who must have the most extensive KC boot collection on the planet. I hooked him up with one of my extra tickets for the last of the 2000 12th & Porter shows, and lets just say it was a good investment.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru

Next

Return to KCCC