free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 28 - Live in Warsaw, June 11th, 2000

KCCC 28 - Live in Warsaw, June 11th, 2000

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby vrooom on Wed May 04, 2005 3:56 pm

highlythrakked wrote:
Indyrod wrote:
scorched earth wrote:A lot of shit does get thrown up, but I think there is something positive in the fact that, say, even if Darren and I each think the other is an asshole, lol, we are still able to communicate.

Nothing wrong with two assholes communicating. I do it with people all the time..

You communicate with your asshole? :P

<rimshot>
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Wed May 04, 2005 4:30 pm

highlythrakked wrote:
Indyrod wrote:Nothing wrong with two assholes communicating. I do it with people all the time..

You communicate with your asshole? :P

That reminds me of "Naked Lunch".
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Sebastian Knight on Wed May 04, 2005 4:49 pm

So, the other day Darren was asking me why I didn't post my review of Heidelberg here on P.net.

Well, this thread right here started with my review of Warsaw.

Read the last two pages, and tell me if you would risk starting something like this by reviewing more stuff...
Sebastian Knight

Postby vrooom on Wed May 04, 2005 5:14 pm

Sebastian Knight wrote:So, the other day Darren was asking me why I didn't post my review of Heidelberg here on P.net.

You've got your personal reasons why you don't post here and that's fine by me. It doesn't matter. It just means I will have to post more reviews myself or encourage different people to post. RF would call you a pointy stick or something. :D

Sebastian Knight wrote:Read the last two pages, and tell me if you would risk starting something like this by reviewing more stuff...

I know, I know...it's just KEEER-AAZZZYY...

So what's the problem? Is it because we deviated off topic? Is that it? I was just chewing the fat with my good friend Scorchie. I acknowledged that without Scorchie, I would be nothing. Ying and Yang. Tom & Jerry. Sherlock & Moriarty. Is that wrong?

You know my opinion of people who don't like this place. Why bother coming back if you get so huffy by the things that get posted here? :roll:

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Wed May 04, 2005 5:41 pm

Sorry guys but as long as Darren misrepresents what I did or said I'm going to correct it regardless of what fucking forum its in. I understand that it may not be the best use of a thread supposedly about a KC album, but I'm not going to let misleading claims as in his earlier posts here stand without pointing out how he's wrong. It's his board and if he wants to say things that he knows I will respond to, then fine. All my formal training was in psychology, so unlike the typical nerd, I do enjoy talking about relations between people. No one is forcing you to read it, so to quote Darren if you don't like it, (well just imagine big fonts here).

...found a certain little Larry saying that he would either download a copy or make a copy of the CRP DVD.

Darren I didn't say I would download or make a copy, I'm personally not interested in it. I said if you (meaning anybody) want a copy, go buy some DGM product and then find someone to burn you a copy of the DVD. This was right after Fripp and Sid did their bit on CRP, so it was said in the spirit of, if CRP is ripping off people then why not rip off them. Of course I probably shouldn't have said it, among other things it comes close to being a crime, inciting a copyright violation. But I believe in always fighting back, giving a bully/thief etc. a taste of their own crap, and that's why I did it. Now that we know we were getting a bit carried away in portraying CRP as a bad company, of course I'll admit I shouldnt have done that.

But let's not get on too much of a high horse about downloading bootlegs, etc. I think it's safe to say from time to time most all of us have done it. I myself have a P4 in Boulder CDR...well better not say anymore.
Last edited by scorched earth on Wed May 04, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed May 04, 2005 5:46 pm

I was joking around with you, Larry. You guys have no sense of fun in you at all, do you? C'mon, you big lunk. Let's kiss and make up... SMOOOOOCH!

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Wed May 04, 2005 5:52 pm

Fuck, I have to respond to this or it's the same as Darren not responding to Ian Wallace's apology, lol.
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed May 04, 2005 6:00 pm

scorched earth wrote:Fuck, I have to respond to this or it's the same as Darren not responding to Ian Wallace's apology, lol.

Yup. I got you good... :D

Look, Larry. No one cares, mate. No one walks away from this site and says "that Scorched Earth did XYZ". One thing I learnt is that a lot of people take all this far too seriously and take far too much notice (exhibit one: The Wallaces). I've been guilty of it too - that's the pervasive nature of the Internet. I was paying you a compliment. The same way that SK with his hissy fit about reviews will cause me to write more reviews, or Scott using the same template on Planet Admin will cause me to make changes to this site, you guys push me forward - otherwise there'd be inertia and nothing would get done. That's a compliment, mate, even if you do feel you've been misrepresented.

You see, the more people want me to go away, the more I'll stick around and be annoying. :D

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby scorched earth on Wed May 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Then how about giving me credit for Frakctured too, lol. After all I led the charge against Barry, both starting off the whole thing by responding to his "we need better quality posts here" comments, and continuing to respond until I was forbidden to mention him personally
(just about everyone else joined in too of course). So I think I should get the credit not Barry, for my role in getting him to say, if you don't like it, go form your own place. :wink:
scorched earth
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed May 04, 2005 6:25 pm

scorched earth wrote:Then how about giving me credit for Frakctured too, lol.

Blimey...don't push the boat out, Larry. I'm feeling generous, but not that generous. My booze-addled brain doesn't reach back that far. I remember the exchange and I remember starting the Yahoo group and remember everyone complaining when the Yahoo group didn't work and then starting FraK. But whatever you want, Larry, whatever you want. If knowing that you planted the seed of FraK will help you swagger around with a new found confidence, who am I to deny you this pleasure? :D

All hail Larry Snead - King of All King Crimson Discussion groups! We all sprang from his loins! :P

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

PreviousNext

Return to KCCC