free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 23 - Live in Orlando - 1972

KCCC 23 - Live in Orlando - 1972

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

KCCC 23 - Live in Orlando - 1972

Postby vrooom on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:15 pm

Your thoughts about this album to be posted here - so feel free to talk about your first listen, what you like about this album, what you don't like, etc.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:52 pm

Go here and read, then return here for replies:

http://www.projekction.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=804
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Gilesfan on Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:01 pm

Does anyone prefer this over Earthbound? They were both recorded around the same time and on the same tour I beleive.

This one is pretty great, but I think Earthbound may have a little more energy.

And the drum solo on this one is quite extraordinary. I had never realized Ian had that many chops and that much technique.
Gilesfan
Gilesfan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby ChewChewGumChew on Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:33 am

That's kind of a tough call. The Orlando discs (as well as the Summit Studio disc) is/are my absolute FAVORITE KCCC releases. I don't want to diminish my love of Earthbound, but I do play these much more often since their release(s) than Earthbound.
Dig me, but don't bury me.
ChewChewGumChew
ProjeKction Freak

Postby MiKcrobe on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:54 pm

Gilesfan wrote:Does anyone prefer this over Earthbound? They were both recorded around the same time and on the same tour I beleive.

Of course there is some overlap isn't there (ie the song "Earthbound" itself)? I don't know which I like better. I find it difficult to compare Earthbound to the various Club discs (of the Islands-era band), since the Club discs are complete shows and usually offer 90 to 100 minutes of music, while Earthbound is a compilation and is a mere 45 minutes or so. Once they eventually release the Wilmington Delaware show (from which Earthbound's "Schizoid Man" and "Groon" were taken), Earthbound will become moot (unless anyone is really that in love with "Peoria"). I've had over 20 years to absorb Earthbound so for me the appeal of the Club discs was the chance to hear live versions of songs like "Cirkus," "Pictures of a City," "Formentera Lady, "Mars," etc.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Postby MiKcrobe on Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:03 pm

I want to know what dipshit logged this one into the internet database as King Crimson Collection vol. 8 Disc 2 and 3, and got the track titles in the wrong order! Now I gotta go through and re-tag everything manually. :x :evil:
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Return to KCCC