free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 22 - ProjeKct One - Live in London 1997

KCCC 22 - ProjeKct One - Live in London 1997

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

KCCC 22 - ProjeKct One - Live in London 1997

Postby vrooom on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:14 pm

Your thoughts about this album to be posted here - so feel free to talk about your first listen, what you like about this album, what you don't like, etc.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MarkSullivan on Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:05 pm

I like this disc much more than the ProjeKct One disc in the box set. The earlier release sounds like a hyperkinetic "best of" selection, taking the most upbeat, King Crimson-sounding bits from the concerts. There were some great moments, but I like the more measured approach taken on the KCCC disc. Even though it is edited, it sounds more like a performance to me...there's quieter music here, and when it gets more muscular, those moments arrive after a buildup, so they are satisfying climaxes to what went before.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:58 pm

More discussion at link below, then post replies here.

http://www.projekction.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=485
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

ProjeKct One

Postby Krimzep on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:25 pm

I have just recently gotten my copy of live in london and I have been waiting for a long time to hear this stuff.

I feel that projekct One is the best of the ProjeKcts . It really feels "on the spot" unlike 3 + 4 which sound very over produced.

Bills drumming really blows me away! He is the one drummer who never really repeats himself, I mean He always has something new up his sleeve when it comes to beats and timings.

I love Trey's "Sci Fi" sound.

on a side note I really like Projekct two aswell , I thought it was cool of ade to hit the skins for this projekct. Deception really threw me the first time i heard it and Ade shows himself to be a decent percussionist.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:32 pm

Bill Bruford can never repeat himself, even he has said on record he finds it difficult to play the same thing twice! I didn't "get" ProjeKct One when the boxset and preferred the P4 stuff, but when that KCCC release came out it really turned my head around. If you like drummers then KC is a great band to follow because the drummers that have featured often bring something unique to the mix.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby L.RayRojo on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:45 pm

vrooom wrote:...If you like drummers then KC is a great band to follow because the drummers that have featured often bring something unique to the mix.
Darren

Amen to that! Not a dud in the bunch.
_
LRR ---->
EYE and EAR
L.RayRojo
ProjeKction Savant

Return to KCCC