free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 16 - Live in Berkeley 1982

KCCC 16 - Live in Berkeley 1982

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby Riverman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:36 pm

It could be simpler than that. It could just be that they've corrected the pitch problem and figured that a) it would be easier to make the material a download than to print & ship more CDs, and b) it wouldn't be fair to make it a paid download since people have paid for it once already.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:48 pm

I have the collector’s club edition in question and always thought it sounded okay until the problems were first mentioned. Has anybody compared the two… is it that different? Does the pitch make that different to the recording?

I do think that the original collectors club members who bought the original when it first came out and were to receive the remastered copy (see the statement on the the original DGM site for details) should do so.

I personally won’t be downloading the concert because I am one of these people who is a collector and loves to have the CD booklet, proper front cover in a jewel Case with a proper printed CD etc. I have to admit I have only downloaded one concert from DGM live since it began (ProjeKct One - 4 December 1997). That downloaded concert still remains on two unidentifiable JVC discs and has done for about 6 months… I don’t consider this item to be part of my record collection. I also have countless hot tickles cluttering my music files which I never actually listen to. I know the music industry is changing but I can’t say I like it.

Although saying that… If any further ProjeKct One shows become available in the future I would probably buy those but they are the only ones I would consider.

I have just ordered the new Thom Yorke album today and will be like a schoolboy waiting for his comic when it arrives in the post. You can’t beat that feeling of getting a new album with all the trimmings etc. This for me assists with the spirit of the music etc.

It’s a pity the next generation of “point and click” music lovers will probably never get this feeling.
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby RYG on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:15 pm

The pitch problem was fixed relatively soon (within 6 months, I believe) after the April 2002 announcement by DGM that they would be distributing the re-mastered copies. As I recall, the fix was a rather minor setting that needed to be altered and required very little time for Singleton to do.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby octopus92 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:32 pm

How stange is the DGM World !

For its first anniversary, DGM.Live made this concert (remastered with pitch fixed) free for everybody and now, again, you have to pay to download the whole thing ! :shock: :shock:

I can't imagine someone who had bought the KCCC edition and would like to have the new edition : he has to buy it a second time !! :lol: :? :evil:
octopus92
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Postby vrooom on Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:50 pm

They like selling stuff twice...it's good for business.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby MiKcrobe on Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:55 pm

They might want to delete or edit some of the fan reviews that talk about the FREE SHOW! It might put some customers off just a bit.
Walking out's just another metaphor.
MiKcrobe
ProjeKction Participant

Previous

Return to KCCC