free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 16 - Live in Berkeley 1982

KCCC 16 - Live in Berkeley 1982

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

Postby MarkSullivan on Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:38 pm

RYG wrote:What really sticks in my craw is not even so much that it is available as a download it's more that now it will be available to anyone who wants it whereas it really should be just for those people who met the stipulation of having spent money on the KCCC way before there was even a download site.

At the very least, I would think, that we're owed that option. I mean, those of us who basically fronted DGM money to get this club started, were in some small way the ones who paved the way for DGM to even get these releases going.

I agree that KCCC supporters really should be offered a hard copy. But help me out here: have you paid for it, been sent a bum copy, and not been offered a refund? If there were refunds given, I can understand why the free download option was considered. I'm personally delighted to have it for free, and can't imagine why that would bother you. Would it make you feel better if DGM punished me for not buying the original KCCC release?
User avatar
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:44 am
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: A Gift?

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:59 pm

crimcinnaman wrote:You big frickin' babies!!!

They're giving it away for a free download! Wah, Wah!


Hey it wouldn't ProjeKction w/o a little carping now and agin...
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
User avatar
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:44 pm
Location: Deadwood, SD, USA

Postby RYG on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Yeah, you're right. I guess my comments do come off as somewhat whiney, but that really wasn't my intent.

Yes, it's going to be free and yes, it's hard to "complain" about getting something for free (unless we're talking about an STD, etc., of course). I know, I know..."it's free RYG, so just shut up".

I guess that it just comes down to the fact that RF has had and continues to have such high expectations and tons of complaints about his audience's behavior (and in a round-about way punishes us when we "misbehave" -- by not touring at all, by by-passing X, Y, Z city\country\continent when on tour, by not coming out for an encore when the rest of KC wants to, etc.) that when we turn around and have high expectations for DGM/RF to deliver on a promise they made to us four years ago (way before there were any downloads available) and then when it doesn't get handled the way we'd expect it to then a point should be made about it.

Ultimately, yes, we're getting our free copy and that's all well and good. In my view there is just a lot of hypocracy dripping from the way it's being made available. So, if I'm guilty for pointing this out than you got me for that. It just stikes me as odd that we haven't been given but the one method of receiving it. After all, isn't RF always asking, "are those my only one/two/three/four options?"

Either way, I'm just glad that it will be available again.

Go ahead, give me another kick in the ass!!!
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
User avatar
RYG
ProjeKction Freak
 
Posts: 399
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:19 pm

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Postby crimcinnaman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:06 pm

RYG wrote:Go ahead, give me another kick in the ass!!!


Since you asked...

Sounds like you're being forced to eat a shit pie full of resentment, sprinkled with expectations. Spit it out, get rid of it and wash that filthy taste out of your mouth!!!!!!

Fripp really isn't doing all this to spite you, or is he?
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:45 pm
Location: Wankerage, I'llaska

Postby The Crimson Avenger on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:51 pm

RYG wrote:I guess that it just comes down to the fact that RF has had and continues to have such high expectations and tons of complaints about his audience's behavior (and in a round-about way punishes us when we "misbehave" -- by not touring at all, by by-passing X, Y, Z city\country\continent when on tour, by not coming out for an encore when the rest of KC wants to, etc.) that when we turn around and have high expectations for DGM/RF to deliver on a promise they made to us four years ago (way before there were any downloads available) and then when it doesn't get handled the way we'd expect it to then a point should be made about it.


That's a fair point. DGM strikes me as being an astonishingly half-assed vehicle for such an anal-retentive as RF. Have they ever done anything at the initially announced time? HOW long did it take them to get the DGMLive site up? I'm sure Darren or Nadim could have knocked it off in a week, if not less.
The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more fucking punishment in store. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
User avatar
The Crimson Avenger
ProjeKction Guru
 
Posts: 633
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:44 pm
Location: Deadwood, SD, USA

Postby crimcinnaman on Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:23 pm

The Crimson Avenger wrote:DGM strikes me as being an astonishingly half-assed vehicle for such an anal-retentive as RF. Have they ever done anything at the initially announced time? HOW long did it take them to get the DGMLive site up?


Your first statement answers your own questions.
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:45 pm
Location: Wankerage, I'llaska

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:50 am

crimcinnaman wrote:
The Crimson Avenger wrote:DGM strikes me as being an astonishingly half-assed vehicle for such an anal-retentive as RF. Have they ever done anything at the initially announced time? HOW long did it take them to get the DGMLive site up?


Your first statement answers your own questions.


Look, there is no rule around here about whining, we do it all the time. I do it, Darren does it, even the band members do it, and sometimes their girlfriends do it too. I think RYG has a completely valid point, and I like to whine about such things, because our favorite band's leader, is one of the biggest whiners of them all. Maybe Fripp "is" doing all of this to spite us, I think he likes to do things like that. He doesn't feel our pain, he likes to inflict it, and then spank us if we squeal. So squeal little piggies, that's another name for Crimheads, don't you know?
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:05 pm
Location: USA

IndyRodknee Toadie

Postby crimcinnaman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:38 am

Indyrod wrote:He doesn't feel our pain, he likes to inflict it, and then spank us if we squeal. So squeal little piggies, that's another name for Crimheads, don't you know?


I think you've been hittin' the Pink Floyd Animals a little to hard there Indy! Deliverance us from Crimson!
"My Child is an Honor Student
My President is a Moron"
crimcinnaman
ProjeKction Champion
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:45 pm
Location: Wankerage, I'llaska

Fripp is a pin head

Postby jtmack on Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:12 am

Can you blame RYG, we all want our Crimson and we want to see them too.. I hope that “when” Crimson returns that they'll tour places like Texas and the UK...
Indy did you go to Ade’s show???
User avatar
jtmack
ProjeKction Godlike
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:11 pm
Location: The reality of the discombobulated

Re: Fripp is a pin head

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:00 pm

jtmack wrote:Indy did you go to Ade’s show???


Nope, didn't go. Ruled out all three concerts this week, just wasn't in the mood for any of them. I need to save my money a little these days, and concerts are really not in the budget.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
User avatar
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin
 
Posts: 5372
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:05 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to KCCC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron