free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 15 - Live at Mainz, Germany 1974

KCCC 15 - Live at Mainz, Germany 1974

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

KCCC 15 - Live at Mainz, Germany 1974

Postby vrooom on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:10 pm

Your thoughts about this album to be posted here - so feel free to talk about your first listen, what you like about this album, what you don't like, etc.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:48 pm

Excellent concert, with Dr. Diamond too. It has my favorite performance of Starless, which makes this one very special to me. Great performances of Exiles, Lament, and Easy Money. John Wetton is especially in excellent voice and Fripp rips up the stage. Also, the audio quality is excellent. One of the better club releases of the Larks era.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Sebastian Knight on Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:43 pm

What Indyrod said. The furious climax of Starless is different from any other on record, another "Doctor Diamond" can't be bad, and there are some cool improvs too. They can just keep putting out released from 73-74 indefinitely, in my book, because so far nothing has seemed redundant.
Sebastian Knight

Postby Indyrod on Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:06 pm

You can read more about it from the link below, then reply here.

http://www.projekction.net/phpBB2/viewt ... 52&start=0
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby The Crimson Fox on Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:18 pm

Just listened to King Crimson – Live in Mainz on headphones and have to say it’s one of my favourite collectors’ club releases.

It has to be one of the most interesting ones aswell. Lots of improvisational material (4 tracks in total). A great version of Dr. Diamond. Why wasn’t this track every recorded for an album? Anybody know?

Who gives the titles the improvisations? My favourite ever has to be… All that glitters is not nail polish!!!

What is your favourite?
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby The Crimson Fox on Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:37 pm

I'd love this even more if it was available as a collectors' edition with an addition release... FRIPP can you hear me?: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Return to KCCC