free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - KCCC 5/6 - On Broadway - Live in NYC 1995

KCCC 5/6 - On Broadway - Live in NYC 1995

Do you buy the King Crimson Collector's Club releases? Share your thoughts on them here.

KCCC 5/6 - On Broadway - Live in NYC 1995

Postby vrooom on Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:05 pm

Your thoughts about this album to be posted here - so feel free to talk about your first listen, what you like about this album, what you don't like, etc.

Darren
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby The Crimson Fox on Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:10 am

Listened to this KCCC edition tonight on headphones. I think I've only listened to it once since I bought it in 1999.

It was the only double disc edition to be split into two separate
club releases - wasnt that a crazy idea at the time?

Do you remember when Robert's diaries were published in the booklets? Do the current runs of the earlier club editions still have these included.

Is the Wiltern Theater performance better than this one in terms of quality and performance.

I really enjoyed listening to this earlier. Gonna focus on the Double Trio over the next few nights.

In your opinions which is the best live double trio performance available?
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Postby Dog_none on Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:01 am

It's been a while since I listened to this one. I think you've inspired me to give it another spin.

It's actually been a while since I've listened to ANY Double Trio. My favorite was always the first disc of Vrooom Vrooom, although I remember liking Wiltern a lot when I listened to it.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby Yorkshire Square on Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 pm

For it's sheer honesty, B'Boom is hard to beat. A document of six guys finding their musical feet no less. Think I'll dig it out as I've neglected the DT too of late.

And Vrooom Vrooom has always been a firm favourite of mine; I've tended to listen to this over the Broadway set. Why I don't know?!

I've yet to acquire the Wiltern disc. When I've squared up with the taxman I've a couple of Country Club discs to catch up on...
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Riverman on Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:45 am

The Crimson Fox wrote:In your opinions which is the best live double trio performance available?

Available? I have no idea; I've only heard maybe half of them. But of the ones I've heard, Mexico City's the biggest stonker of all.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby evktalo on Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:23 pm

I agree - VROOOM VROOOM never sounded so good and I also love the overspeeding Red.

--Eino
evktalo
ProjeKction Devotee

Postby The Crimson Fox on Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:55 pm

Currently re-assessing the double trio formation at the moment and dug out an old forgotten bootleg called Screetch!! Anyone else got this beauty?

It's a 2 disc set which I bought from a record fair in Manchester in 1996.

It actually contains bonus tracks of a Robert Fripp soundscape performance from San Diago/CA from 27 January 1995. The tracks are wittingly called.

Underwater Cage Improvisation
Antartic Improvisation
Sun Storm Improvisation
Dragon Flight Improvisation
Termites Journey Improvisation
Mystic Nippon Improvisation

I actually enjoyed these tracks more than the King Crimson performance. The soundscapes were quite exciting during this period of time 1995/1996 IMO. I wish Robert would go back to this anything can happen approach.

Interesting Fact I: The track Antartic Improvisation was actually used on Blessing Of Tears twice and is called Returning I & Returning II.

Returning I is actually Antartic Improvisation played backwards & Returning II is this track remixed by Ton Prob.

Interesting Fact 2: Robert's equipment crashed at the end of the track (which can actually be heard) and he had to explain what had happened to the audience.

Definately worth searching out for, a very interesting listen indeed.
The Crimson Fox
ProjeKction Savant

Return to KCCC