free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Fripp's equipment circa early 70's

Fripp's equipment circa early 70's

This is the place where all the odds and ends are posted. Whether it is animal, vegetable or mineral, all errata should be placed here for safe keeping.

Fripp's equipment circa early 70's

Postby steven on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:24 am

Just found this again, after reading it almost 40 years ago, in case any of you guitar players gives a crap:
From Guitar Player Magazine (1974)
"On stage I use three pedals on a pedal board: A volume pedal, fuzz-tone, and wah-wah. The fuzz-tone and wah-wah are pretty rubbishy. I'm not sure what type of wah-wah it is. The best fuzz-box to use is a Burn's Buzz-around which they discontinued making in England about six years ago." -Robert Fripp, King Crimson
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Re: Fripp's equipment circa early 70's

Postby Ironclaw on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:08 am

I for one greatly prefer the sound of Fripp's guitar back in the old days when it still sounded like a electric guitar....
Ironclaw
ProjeKction Groupie

Postby Indyrod on Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 pm

it's hard to maybe not complain but prefer, and I wish He still or even can play "Fracture" still. I think you have to trust the man, because He comes up with classics, and His style and choice of instruments, are just tools to the sound He wants. IMO
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby steven on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Fripp still can play dazzling lines, but you can't really appreciate them because the weird distortion he uses these days muddles the sound so much. I, too, wish he would go back to a regular sounding fuzz effect. I wonder if "Fracture" translates well into the NST? I think Fracture was before he started using it, but not 100% sure.
steven
ProjeKction Connoisseur

Return to Errata