free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Fripp & Crafty Guitarists 2013 US tour

Fripp & Crafty Guitarists 2013 US tour

This is the place where all the odds and ends are posted. Whether it is animal, vegetable or mineral, all errata should be placed here for safe keeping.

Fripp & Crafty Guitarists 2013 US tour

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 am

http://www.guitarcircleofnorthamerica.c ... ances.html

I'm too young to have ever seen Fripp in any Crimson, most likely never will. But the Guitar Circle of North America is playing 3 shows in May! I'll definitely be seeing the Cambridge show. Anyone else?
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Re: Fripp & Crafty Guitarists 2013 US tour

Postby Indyrod on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm

the crafty stuff has never really been my cup of tea, except for The California Trio who I've seen several times. hope you enjoy the show.
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby Krimzep on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm

I love the caveat ,

Many thanks for your presence and your interest in our work. Please give us your ears. Please do not take photographs on cameras or mobile telephones, with or [i]without flash. This disturbs our work to a greater degree than it is possible to simply explain, or you might believe, were we able to. Please also, do not record or film. So, if you will, relax and enter our performance space with goodwill. We need your support! [/i]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert must be psychic if he can sense someone taking a pic with a cell phone without a flash!!

Love Roberts work but I highly doubt any of the other guitarists cares if someone takes a pic from their phone without flash. Only way you could tell is if you were focused on watching for phones popping up rather than your playing.
Krimzep
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby EruditeMan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Definitely won't pull out my phone, wouldn't want to upset the Fripp in his natural habitat.

I'm assuming it'll be a very small crowd, am I right? And I'll probably be the only one under 20 years old...
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby vrooom on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 pm

If you really want to put them off, start saying random numbers at odd intervals: "5, 2, 7, 9, 22, 4, 15."
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Indyrod on Wed May 01, 2013 3:49 pm

vrooom wrote:If you really want to put them off, start saying random numbers at odd intervals: "5, 2, 7, 9, 22, 4, 15."

lol, THAT was funny!!! :lol:
Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except for my friends deep inside the earth.

de gustibus non est disputandum
Indyrod
Permanently Temporary ProjeKction Admin

Postby vrooom on Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm a funny guy, you know.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby EruditeMan on Sun May 26, 2013 7:24 am

It was simply amazing. I have never experienced anything like that.

It was pouring rain in Boston and I had to walk a few blocks without an umbrella, arriving at the Cambridge Church soaked. There was a ticket misprint that said the show started at 7, when it really was supposed to start at 8 with doors opening at 7. So around 7:30 Fripp comes out and apologizes for the error and the weather. He sends a small part of the Orchestra out and they play a little opening act.

Fripp and the full Orchestra came out at 8 and expanded my mind. After the initial improvisation Fripp asks "WELL, do you just make it up as you go along? Or do you play real music?" and they play Red.

Did anyone here see the sunday show? Or saturday in Hadley..?
EruditeMan
ProjeKction Fan

Postby diderot on Fri May 31, 2013 3:30 am

EruditeMan wrote:I'm too young to have ever seen Fripp in any Crimson, most likely never will.

You could had seen him with Crimson in 2008 in NYC, but maybe you hadn't discovered them yet...
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Errata