free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - Books to Recommend

Books to Recommend

This is the place where all the odds and ends are posted. Whether it is animal, vegetable or mineral, all errata should be placed here for safe keeping.

Re: Books to Recommend

Postby Owen on Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

RYG wrote:This is not a recommendation (since it hasn't come out yet) but it looks like in March that Bill Bruford will have a biography coming out. I don't know much else about it nor if it is "approved/official" but the small snippet I read sounds interesting.

If we're talking about the same book, it's an autobiography... so I dare say it's both approved and official.
The Point Moot one minute bass solos project is at http://pointmootsolo.bandcamp.com/
Moot-tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/pointmoot
The perfect holiday destination: http://point-moot.blogspot.com
Musicommentary: http://mootmobile.blogspot.com
Owen
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby RYG on Wed May 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Has anyone had a chance to read Bill Bruford's book ? I'm contemplating buying it but was wondering if it was a good read before doing so. Within the front cover, there's a posting to get one of two free CD samplers (one is called Winter, the other Summer). I seem to recall he has had these free CDs on offer a while back. I didn't get them then but am considering it now. Is/Was there a web site to go to in order to get them ? If so, can anyone pass along the URL ? Which of the two is better and are they all jazz or are there any rock tracks on them ? Any input would be appreciated.
My favorite movies (right now):
"Lost In Translation", "Mulholland Drive", "Pulp Fiction", "Sin City", "Buffalo '66", "Ghost World", "Apocolypse Now (Redux)", "Donnie Darko", "Raising Arizona", "Shawshank Redemption"
RYG
ProjeKction Freak

Postby diderot on Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm

RYG wrote:Has anyone had a chance to read Bill Bruford's book ? I'm contemplating buying it but was wondering if it was a good read before doing so.

There's a review or sort of at the other side...

RYG wrote:Within the front cover, there's a posting to get one of two free CD samplers (one is called Winter, the other Summer). I seem to recall he has had these free CDs on offer a while back.

I think they are the same.

RYG wrote:Is/Was there a web site to go to in order to get them ? If so, can anyone pass along the URL ?

It was available at Bill Bruford own site. Try http://www.billbruford.com then go to online store. I think it's managed by DGM.

RYG wrote:Which of the two is better and are they all jazz or are there any rock tracks on them ? Any input would be appreciated.

Winter is more jazz oriented (recent works) while Summer is more fusion (Earthworks), or the opposite I think... There are interviews between the tracks on both CDs.
Diderot
diderot
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Riverman on Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 pm

diderot wrote:Winter is more jazz oriented (recent works) while Summer is more fusion (Earthworks), or the opposite I think...

It's the opposite. Winterfold covers the electric/fusion stuff, Summerfold is acoustic jazz.
The sound of one hand clapping is the same as the sound of a tree falling when no one's around to hear it.
Riverman
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby vrooom on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm

This book should be at the top of your reading list if you want to impress your girl with your culinary skills.
vrooom
Button Pusher

Postby Yorkshire Square on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:23 pm

vrooom wrote:This book should be at the top of your reading list if you want to impress your girl with your culinary skills.

Brings to mind that urban myth about the Indian restaurant with extra thick curries... :bj: :shock:
I tell you it's no fun
Being on Proje-e-ekshun
Yorkshire Square
ProjeKction Veteran

Postby Dog_none on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:44 am

Yorkshire Square wrote:
vrooom wrote:This book should be at the top of your reading list if you want to impress your girl with your culinary skills.

Brings to mind that urban myth about the Indian restaurant with extra thick curries... :bj: :shock:

Ooh...Indian semen is sposed to be the best.
I was just now thinking about the Jaws Of Life
how they chew you up and spit you right
back into the frying pan
Dog_none
Projizzle Dizzle Nizzle

Postby vrooom on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:27 am

The problem with Chinese semen is that once you've had some, you want some more 30 minutes later...
vrooom
Button Pusher

Previous

Return to Errata