free counter with statistics
:: ProjeKction - King Crimson NET :: • View topic - New Samadhisound podcast

New Samadhisound podcast

This is the place where all the odds and ends are posted. Whether it is animal, vegetable or mineral, all errata should be placed here for safe keeping.

New Samadhisound podcast

Postby Fred on Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:00 pm

I could not find the old topic so a start a new one.

There is a new samadhisound podcast available. It features an intimate conversation between Harold Budd and Akira Rabelais in which Harold discusses the classic 'The Pavilion of Dreams', the album 'Perhaps', and why he decided to describe 'Avalon Sutra' as his valedictory effort. This can be downloaded for free through iTunes (where you can also subcribe to the podcast). You may be able to access it directly here RSS Link to Podcast but we would recommend accessing it via iTunes for simplicity.

We hope you enjoy it.

As i could not get to the podcast if found out to get a direct link to the file :twisted:

And talking about Budd
http://www.cocteautwins.org/~robin/blog.html

March 19, 2007
getting there...
It's true that to the casual reader of my weblog it must appear that I seem to talk a lot about projects that I'm doing which go on and on and never seem to reach fruition. I promise it's not because I just sit around by the pool, gently sipping margaritas all day, rather, that there is only one of me and only a finite amount of hours in a day to get all the things done. In my past I was able to concentrate fully on my music as I was spoiled with the luxury of assistants and others around me who contributed to the project, in a more, how would one put it, practical way, you know, the little things like now like making all the safety copies, burning cdrs, going to the post office and the larger more important things like designing artwork and bringing me coffee without me having to ask.Now, I'm just bitching because I've spent the last couple of days making cd copies and going to the post office but if you will bear with me for a moment I will get to the point.

Ah, you see, the point is that I've sent off all the masters and all the artwork and, well, these albums are now very close to becoming real things that you can touch and hold and of course, for the more discerning, intelligent and sexy amongst you, purchase. What we have here is a handsome collection of eighteen pieces of music compiled into two albums, twins if you like, experiments in the dualities of music and emotion, entitled After The Night Falls and Before The Day Breaks. At this time I don't have a release date but I am informed it will be in the summer. I shouldn't go on and on about them about how fantastic they are, it's not my place, but I can tell you that it's a really nice feeling to have these in a place where I can send them off into the world on their own.

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby MarkSullivan on Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Great news: I should have this waiting for me next time I log on to iTunes. I really enjoyed their first podcast, and have revisited it several times. That one was primarily a collection of tracks from the catalog (no one even announced the titles). Sounds like the new one is different, but I'm a big Budd fan, so I'm looking forward to it.
MarkSullivan
ProjeKction Godlike

Postby Fred on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:27 pm

MarkSullivan wrote:Great news: I should have this waiting for me next time I log on to iTunes. I really enjoyed their first podcast, and have revisited it several times. That one was primarily a collection of tracks from the catalog (no one even announced the titles). Sounds like the new one is different, but I'm a big Budd fan, so I'm looking forward to it.

This one is a interview where Budd tells about his early days in music and how it came that he now plays piano.

It's a nice interview, i never now that he is so long in the music bizz :oops:

Fred
Fred
ProjeKction Godlike

Return to Errata